Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Praise report

Praise Report.  Jim is doing a little better. 
 
I mean, his health has definitely changed, but we don’t know what it means. So, while he still has those intense periods, he is able to stand, and even cooked a meal, and even helped put labels on our wine. This is HUGE considering what happened that sent him to the hospital. So, something has changed, and is still changed, and we don't know what it is, but there are periods where he is walking better than when he went to the hospital. It’s not like it was, as his legs are real heavy and often bring on that feeling of paralysis, but he is still mobile. He even started the weedwacker for my friend Lynda, although once Jim went back to bed, we couldn’t get it started again. Even half paralyzed, Jim is still stronger than me.

Anywho, I wanted to tell you that.
 
Pray for me, and that I am obedient to the command that Jesus gives me to not be afraid.  2 years ago, Jim held my hand during a root canal and a few days later, drove to the airport and we went to Israel.  It was hard for him, but he made it.  Today, he can't even drive to the dentist with me (3 mins away) let alone hold my hand.  He went to the hospital by ambulance because he could not sit.  I say this because this Friday, I have to have my root canal redone.  (I have had an abcess there for 2 years now.  no wonder I feel like crap half the time)  Anyway.  That scares me, but not only that, but I think these thoughts...
 
If Jim was sooooooooooooo much better 2 years ago, how is he going to be 2 years from now, and how I am ever going to continue at this pace.  So, pray that I live in the present and fear not.  Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying and thinking of you guys often.

Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Lamentations 3:22-24 - Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”

2 Corinthians 5:7 - We live by faith, not by sight.

2 Corinthians 4:16 - Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Unknown said...

amen.