Friday, March 18, 2011

He's been home

Sorry about the confusion. Yes Jim is home and has been home.

We are doing good playing patient and nurse. Or patience and nurse or patience and patience.

Jim needs a bit help with patience, so maybe you can pray for him. He's just tired of getting up and doing nothing but fighting for his life, particularly since his life is nothing but fighting for his life. I've been practicing detaching from the insanity without detaching from my dear husband. What else can I do, or else I would go nuts...or should I say more nuts.

Anywho, the incision sight from the port is doing well. Jim's having some panic attacks and needs prayers for that. That can be because of the heart infection. The more I hear and read about this problem, I know why Jim is having panic attacks and is tired of the fight.

Jim's potassium is elevated, so he has to go to the hopt for another blood test tomorrow, separate and apart from the 3 blood tests he's given so far this week. This can cause irregular heart arythmias, so he could use some prayer there, too.

Also, he has 2 lines on his pic line. One for blood, one for the meds. The one for the blood is clogged, which means the nurse is coming here this weekend to do this long drawn out thing to try and unclog it. And now we give Jim heparin to keep the med line open. Pray that it stays open, or he'll have to go into the hopt for his meds. 5 weeks worth? I think he would opt to die, he's so tired of it. SASH. Saline, antibiotic, saline, heparin. This is how we remember to give the drugs in order.

There's something else to pray for, but I forget, but I imagine that's enough for this month anyways. :)

Pray of course for the meds to work.

Oh my!!!

Have a nice weekend ya'll.
Us

3 comments:

Judy said...

I hate those panic attacks, they are the WORST! Thanks for the update! It is so nice to be able to pray specifically! And we will be doing a lot of that!
We love you,
Tom and Judy

Anonymous said...

and the beat goes on...

now I know why you said you were so busy.

I'll keep praying...

we love you guys,
K

Anonymous said...

Praying for you my friends!
Amy Smith