Monday, March 28, 2011

update

Hi Everyone: Well, we are 15 days from the end of the medicine. Give or take a few, possibly. The week Jim was on the meds in the hospital counts towards the 6 weeks, so...The doc called today and Jim's kidney's are getting worse. He's been having bad kidney numbers since the chemo/stem-cell transplant, but being on this medicine, they really started to creep up there. At one time, Jim was told that he is at half kidney strength. I'm afraid to ask with these newer higher numbers today. Today's numbers were the worse so far. Please pray for protection of his kidneys. The kidney doc believes after this med treatment the numbers will go back down to "not so good" rather than "pretty bad." Also, it kind of feels like 15 days of not having to look at whether this medicine even worked or not, and then having to make another decision. I am calm tho, which is good. Jim's a bit more nervous. The women at bible study today laid hands on me and prayed and I continue to feel the peace of the Lord through this. Thanks friends. And Jim and I continue to wait on the Lord together, held up by the love and prayers of all you family and friends out there. We love you. Us PS Gary, for some reason, I can't e-mail you. I have been trying to do so since I got your card. Still trying. Didn't want you to think I didn't get it yet. Thanks mate.

6 comments:

Judy said...

yuk on the kidney numbers! We are praying! maybe we wore them out by staying too long to visit! We are praying EVERYTHING in his body bounces back, whether the doc's think they can or not.

We love you,
Tom and Judy

Anonymous said...

Praying for you both. Love you!
Amy Smith

Anonymous said...

Failure of Communion

What is the space between,
enclosing us in one
united person, yet
dividing each alone.

Frail bridges cross from eye
to eye, from flesh to flesh,
from word to word: the net
is gapped at every mesh,

and this each human knows:
however close our touch
or intimate our speech,
silences, spaces reach
most deep, and will not close.

Judith Wright

..... a new one for yars all to think about!

Hugs from Gazza Auzrotsky

Mary said...

Hi guys,

Love yinz.

Still praying.

My little Abigail just got back from Haiti tonight. She's got some great stories - and some sad stories.

Jake's almost done with school and he's seriously thinking about going to Thailand with friends of ours for 3 mos after graduation for an extended mission.

I want to stop in and say hi, etc - but I'm not sure what happens each and everyday!?

I think of yinz often and prayer for you when I do as well as pray for you every day.

Love,

Mary

Susan said...

I have been away from all of my friends' blogs for a very long time. I'm glad I checked in. I am praying for you and Jim! xo

Unknown said...

Thanks for the prayers, poems and love. :)