Sunday, January 17, 2010

a little fun


I ran across this picture of Jim back in December at the NIH, 2008. He was a few days from dying, so we thought. He had 50 pounds of water on him and his organs were failing. When I saw this picture, it took me 3 days to recover. As you can tell, I was crying. And there's my dear husband still smiling.







Here's what he looks like a year later, with new cells from his bro, and his wonderful birthday gift from his son John.





So he's doing pretty good at times. But he still stinks at Dominoes... And John....thanks for dad's gift. :/

6 comments:

klf said...

You been through so much Dolly. Praying for rest and saturation for you girlfriend. Love you lots.
karen

Anonymous said...

I love you lots, too. :)

Unknown said...

Wow...I can't believe I posted that ugly picture of me. At least Jim has an excuse. He was mostly dead all day. What about me???

Anonymous said...

I Love you both so much. You both are beautiful inside and out. That gift from Johnny and Leah ROCKS! what fun we all have with it, Rockin Jimbo! <-:P

Rachel said...

That's amazing! I mean truly amazing! Thank you for sharing the recent picture/video. I still picture him like the 2008 post. So thank you thank you thank you for bringing some resolution to the image I have of him, 2,000 miles away. Love you both!!! Rach

Judi said...

You are so loved and could never be ugly to us even on what you think is your worst day. I hope you are both doing okay. My little Abbie starts preschool Feb 1 and I may actually have a little time to be alive so I will call you.

I love you both and I'm praying.
Love,
Judi