Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm a bag bag blogger

Hi Everyone:

I can't believe I haven't written in so long.

Well, let's see what is new. I am an Aunt again. My neice Kelly had her baby and everything went fine with the C-section, delivery. So, I'm praising God for that one. (He was breech and then turned to the position of feet first. Scary.) He looks like a keeper. A very cute one, too. C-Section babies are always so nice and healthy looking.

My sister is having surgery on the 8th. She has 3 cycts (with 3 spots) on her ovaries. The doc's are positive about it. This is what we took her to the hospital for last summer when at the cottage. I hate that it took this long. Doc feels that % chance of it being cancer is 10 %. So, I'll probably worry 90 percent of the time about that 10 percent.

Do you ever feel that life is the sucking the life out of you? I do. But if you do the math on that one, it doesn't add up. Sounds like a spiritual problem to me....Again...

Jim is still fighting bronchitis. He's a little bit on the mend. I was starting to get a bit worried. But even with a healthy immune system, this bronchitis is hard to get rid of. The hard part for him is stamina. He doesn't have much to begin with, so his difficulty in breathing doesn't help.

I don't have much to report about the dear boy, other than that. He went to see a chiropractor yesterday. His crushed vertebre may be causing some additional pain, so he'll give him a few tries. Other than that, they just suck the money out of you. It's odd. I've gone to the chiropractor for my back, heal spurs and TMJ. Through massage and pressure point massage, he resolved the heal spurs and TMJ (and that was a big one) but he's never been able to help my back much. LOL. Odd. Anyway, we're just trying that just so we can rule it out probably.

It's nice not having to go to the NIH until March. It's amazing though how many things fight for my time. All of them I wish would just go away. Why can't I do what I want to do?

Pray for me. The sleep apnea is killing me. Slowly. But sleep apnea does that. My heart is starting to skip beats again from no sleep. I cannot use this Bi-pap. I usually have about 1 night success out of 30. I have tried everything lately. Lately I have required a chin strap. So, along with that rediculous mask, I'm to wear a chin strap that is so constrictive...and hot. I am actually packing it up and putting it away. Jim will attest to me giving it my best shot...again. I have an appt. with a dentist of sleep disorders and am having a mouth piece made that will pull my bottom jaw forward, opening up the breathing passage (we hope). I need a good nights sleep so badly. As I lose weight it will get better, but I'm struggling trying to get everything into my day, and I think the worse part of it all is how misserable and hopeless everything seems and feels when the body, brain, heart and other organs never get any REM sleep.

Well, I'm off to weight watchers, to visit my dad and drop off his meds. Have a good week all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria,

We plan to be in Pittsburgh March 12-14. Will you be in town?

Amy

mary jo said...

Hey Dolly girl, It's MJB. Joe is asleep on the couch and I'm sort of watching a dumb movie. (Life Aquatic). I don't think I realized how serious the sleep apnea is. That gives me something else to pray about. Please keep the Joeys in prayer. I have used a chiropractor with good success for my back. I went for a whole summer but then took off on my own and kept up with the exercises they showed me. *I was great till just before Christmas when I crawled through the cubby hole in the attic to pull Christmas boxes out. Yep that did it. I can only do sit ups now sitting on a large pilates ball at the gym or using a machine there with a back pad support. Obviously I missed strengthening something in my core area over the last 3 years so it's back almost to square 1. I don't have pain now just doing normal things so yay!! I'm sorry Jim still has bronchitis. Pray some more that's what we'll do. Love,MJB (for Kim too)

Unknown said...

AMY: We will be home then and would LOVE to see you.

MJ: I am praying for them, and sleep apnea is bad. I never realized how much so till lately.

AND...MY SISTER AND MARK WANT A REMATCH FOR DOMINOES WITH YOU AND JOE. They still laugh at Joe thinking he had 3 points, and not counting the blank for 50. Now I know that's the way you played and all, but they just loved his face. It was fun, huh? Let's do it again.

I love when you call me Dolly girl. Makes me feel young again. :)