Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Passports and ceiling fans

Hi Everyone:

I hope you enjoyed our concert from our earlier post. :)

Well, Jim and I are getting our passports. If Jim is healed by May, we are going to go to Israel with Bill and Jeanie and Bob and Carol. Wahoo. Exciting to think about.

BUT...we needed more light in the bedroom that we are turning into an "everything" room, so I got this great deal on a ceiling fan for "fity" bucks. So far it's day 3, and it's still not finished. Jim stand on a stepstool, and I stand there right by him, because he's too unsteady on his feet, and this give him security. Isn't it wonderful to have someone stand by you? Doesn't it give you security? Anyway, he does a little and then he lays down for a while. And throughout it all, he never losses his smile. And in this, he's pushing himself...for me... He knows my love language is acts of service, and he's trying to show he loves me, and I'm yelling at him to stop until we can hire Tom, our new "lawn" guy (if he's cheap enuf. We can't have our church men cutting grass for 3 years now. That doesn't seem fair.) Anyway, it would have taken Jim an hour or two in the old days, an evening after work. And despite that, he doesn't get frustrated. He amazes me. No self-pity yet.

BUT...you see how many prayers we need to get to Israel. :) I think pure adrenaline from the excitement of the trip could help Jim survive the flight there, but how would I get him out of bed to get him home?

So pray people, pray. I mean, I think there is a very slim chance of us making it to Israel. This is not unbelief. I know God could heal Jim in a second. And I pray he does. But so far, as you know, God's got us on the slow track.

But isn't it exciting to think about? Wow. Israel. I have about 10 books about Israel. I've been wanting to go for years. Actually last year, Andrea's mom asked me to join her in a trip there. I knew it would only happen if Jim died, so I wasn't too excited about that. When we were down at the NIH, I actually went to a book sale at a Synogogue to add to my collection.

Anyway, I have to run. I really struggle still with trying to live my "new" life, scheduled. And I need this badly, to have a schedule. So please please please pray for me that I get back on track.

Bible study is going well. I'm getting better and less nervous. Mary, I wish were more free, you would be loving it. Next year.

I love all you readers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go, Israel!

And I second the fact that Gloria's doing a great job in Bible Study...speaking of which, I better get on my homework!

Love you!
K

Mary said...

Wow! Israel - I completely got extra very excited at the thot of yinz going there!!!!

I'll be praying that God opens that door!!

I'm sad that I can't join you at B.S. but God has assured me that now was NOT the time. Lot's of other Kingdom work to do.

I smell a Sunday down the road where you may see us for a game night!?!

Please pray for Casey - she's gone again....just like that. :(