Friday, January 1, 2010

He broke tradition???

Happy New Year everyone:

Well, my husband, the brat, broke tradition. He griped and groaned and they let him out. So he sprung that joint and came home before 24 hours were up, and we celebrated the new year at home. Okay Okay. I slept, Jim worked on the budget. Silly me, but I had a glass of wine on an empty stomach. And, well...that was all she wrote. Okay. 1.5 glass of wine. But seriously, it wasn't that much. And it was at dinner time. So... I don't know.

Today, I can't move. I can't walk. I can't breath in deep. I actually sound like Jim. Umph.. Ohhl. Ouch. OOOuuu. Eeee. See, I went to the gym yesterday. I did my class that I haven't done in months called, "Everything but the kitchen sink." It's 1.5 hours of intervals cardio/weights, and then I went and met with the trainer (I love my gym...the trainer's are part of the dues. It's great) and he gave me a workout. That took an hour. So, after 4 months, I worked out 2.5 hours. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to hurt more than Jim. Even my hair hurts!!! Is that possible? Oh, it is. It is. Our budget keeps getting tighter. Maybe I should eliminate the gym...hmmmm.

I wish you all a Happy New Year... I wish us a Happy New Year. I know it will have to be happy in the sense that what the Lord allows in our life draws us to him, because true "happiness" only comes from Him, from abiding IN HIM. This abiding, I am learning is not a daily thing, but a position thing. You don't "do it" and then move on. It's where I need to live. Knowing this, why is it that I tend to run all over the place looking for that elusive happiness when I know where it is found? What is it with us humans? Or maybe I should ask, what is it with me? As some of you might already have arrived here. I know it can only be found in the Savior's Arms, but still I keep looking around the world, thinking that maybe I can add to the equation, Jesus and... will make me happy.... Before I know, it's more of the "and" and less of the Jesus. And I find myself miserable and wanting again, starting from scratch.

So, I make no resolutions, as I fail miserably at them. But I do resolve to always turn back to you Lord. But even that, He does. He allows the homeless/emptiness feeling to come in, drawing me back home, to Him, to be filled once again.

No comments: