Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to Jim

Good Evening all:

Today is Jim's 48th Birthday. I am humbled and so thankful to be celebrating this day with my husband. The last few weeks, I have been blown away by the thought of it.

We did something normal for the first time in I can't even begin to tell you. We went to lunch and saw a movie. It's the first movie, in I can't even begin to tell you. We saw the Blind Side. We both enjoyed it so much. It made me cry, but it was a good cry.

Sure Jim was in pain, but he's asking the Lord to help him enjoy some things through the pain. :) He hopes to continue to make the mental decision to do this, so he's not a prisoner of bed. He really misses attending church. He misses his guys groups, so please pray that he would be able to attend things like this. He needs some type of fellowship REALLY bad, so please join us in praying for this. We still ask God for his COMPLETE healing each and every day. We wish he could go to his group on Weds mornings and on Sundays. We wish he could go to work again. We still think of getting him an electric cart, but I'm not sure how we would even get it in the car to go out. So, keep praying for Jim.

I plan on teaching Ephesians starting this January, so please pray for me and protection from the enemy as I start planning my lessons. If you would like to attend, e-mail me. I would like to have you join us. As I tell all the ladies in the group, we (ESPECIALLY ME) don't go to the bible study as bible scholars, but we do attend to become bible scholars, so COME AND JOIN US. But you'll have to accept the fact that my sister insists that she's the TEACHER'S PET. Hmmmmm.

Well, I bought Jim the Waltons, season 1 and 2. So, we're going to watch some TV right now.

Talk to you soon.
Us






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JIM! I'd like to see that movie. It sounds really good. We will pray just as you asked. Merry Christmas Baldauffs.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jim!!! Here's to hoping the four of us can get together for some fellowship in 2010! And, by the way, Kim...I thought I was teacher's pet ;-)...those darn spitballs have kicked me out of the prime position, haven't they?!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your kids...

Love,
K

Anonymous said...

P.S. And, Jim, Larry apologizes for being a slacker friend.