Saturday, November 14, 2009

tears are dry, and we bit the bullet

Well, we did it. I went and spend 40 bucks on supplies. You need a prescription for saline solution (why not think of that, Dr. Death?) so I had to use contact solution. But we did it. I hope I packed it enough. Jim took 3 pain pills and right now is talking rubbish. He bit into a washcloth, and taking the old packing out was, as he said, one of the worse things he has ever felt. I hung up on poor June as I walked in the door, and he was standing there with blood all over the place. (he showered and removed it. glad I missed that part.) Anyway he's standing there in the buff with my towel (white) covered in blood. Nurse Kimberly was in the kitchen, waiting for him to get clothes on. Thanks for doing the dishes, Sis. And we did it. I hope I got enough packing in there. I did the best I could. I almost stopped in the middle of this crying, "I can't do this." But I did it. There done.

Yall can rest now. I am.

Now, I have to repeat this tonight. and tomorrow 2 times, and the next day 2 times, and....sigh...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gloria,

Hang in there....I'm going to pray for your both right now.

Much love...
K

Judi said...

Wow guys. I am so sorry you are going through this. Like I said, my little stay was a vacation compared to yours and many others. We continue to pray for you. We laugh so we don't cry. I love you both very much.

Our time is short on this earth. Our true home is in Heaven with Jesus. Be at Peace.

Love,
Judi

Anonymous said...

You both did it. Me I was for some reason frozen, till I saw you trembling and crying and he's screaming in the pillow. But you did it. Thanks Larry for coming over to check on it tonight. It's all i can think of forgot all about what test I'm waiting on, till now sigh oh great. Love you both. cya tonight too. Sister you awesome bible teacher. xo

Anonymous said...

I trembled reading your post. We're still praying for you dear friends.

Amy (for the Smiths)

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

Just read your posts... first word out of Sam's mouth was, WOW. We're convinced that your strength comes from the Lord and we know it is sufficient for you, but we will say an extra prayer for you both for courage and perserverence.

Love,
Maddy and Sam

Mary said...

Wow...I was cringing the whole time I read that.

I'm so very sorry to hear these woes.

Love you both. Still praying daily.

Mary