Monday, November 23, 2009

I am a micromanager of micromanagers. I'm a nanomanager

Hi Everyone:

Not sure if a nanomanager is a word or a Dollyism, but it is what it is. I watch that nurse and tell her what to do and show her how to do it. LOL. I know she loves me. Oh well!!!

Jim's wound is doing wonderful in comparison to the first day. I'm ready to fire the nurse, as I'm better at it. Isn't that funny. Today it looks a little red around the edge, either from healing or the beginning of an infection, we're not sure, but I'll be on it.

It's smaller in depth, and the tunneling is starting to get smaller, so this is good. The pain is much better for Jim. Today we did it with no pain pills and no rag to bite down on. He's a trooper.

I'm amazed at what God has done in me. I have gone from a person who says, "I don't do body fluids" to being someone who was puked on 3 times a day for 7 months, to wound healing, to setons, to blood transfers, to stem cells, to....on and on and on. It amazes me.

Okay, God, I'm done. :) Funny how I continue to seek God's will for my life every day, every hour, and then tell Him what I do and don't do.

Jim has a cold right now, or sinus infection or??? All I can think of is, "I hope I don't get it." Seriously. I have to drive him to the NIH, and we plan on going to Bob and Shelley's, and I can't afford to get sick.

Oh, and this is serious, God. I don't do Phlegm.
:)
Gloria

3 comments:

Mary said...

Dear Nanomanager,

I need to hear your voice! I pray that the Lord gives us just 10 minutes on the phone soon!?!

Love ya,

Sin, sin, sinner

Anonymous said...

G'day Gloria & Jim >

I think it's near two years now that I've been exposed to many Dollyisms. I've been intrigued by them, uplifted and love them. Have always admired the "steely" spirit of you Both and pray that rewards come your way.

However, (Gloria) would you mind sending me (private e-mail) of the ins & outs of Jim's wound management. I have an old friend now 3 weeks out of hospital after a stay of 6 on this occasion and major surgeries. He's now able to & allowed to sit up for 2 hours or so a day ... home nurse visits pack the wounds each morning but treatments here are showing only the faint progress. I figured you and NIH & others may have some American secrets to share that I could pass on.

OZ Greets

Gazza

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Baldauffs. Sending our love and prayers your way.

Amy (for the Smiths)