Sunday, September 20, 2009

Time for Farewell?

Hi everyone:

Quickly, I just want to say that for quite some time now, I have tossed back and forth no longer blogging. The hardest part of this is writing one letter to an audience of 50 or 100. Some type A, some type B. And me. Sometimes, I'm up, and sometimes, I'm down.

When I read my blog of 2 days ago, I wrote something to the effect that I no feel like I have any friends and in many ways that is true....What I meant is, and in many ways that FEELS true.

I'm tired of worrying, or potentially hurting someone, etc. I've used this blog often times, as a journal...something that should be for my eyes only. I've just not had the time over the past few years to journal. That is something I've often done, for years. And so, many times, this was that place that happened, and I don't think it's good or healthy for me any more to do so. It won't be the last blog to fade off into nowheresville.

AND EVERYONE KNOWS that Jim doesn't write here, so...

Anyway. I am prayerfully considering that. Maybe God's doing a new thing.

We shall see.

5 comments:

Kelly 'Shine' said...

I think you should do whatever will be most helpful to you... if it is a place to release stress by venting, or the easiest way to keep huge families up to date, and HELPS or relieves you... I think you should keep blogging. I would have to think that everyone here should understand that you are not blogging here to have to censor yourself. I certainly do. And I certainly feel very lucky to have been able to feel close to you during this hard time in your life.

If when you turn to the blog, it's a chore, or requires too much thinking to get out what you need to... it is probably time to just start yourself an online journal, available for your eyes only, so you have a 'safe' place to dump your thoughts.

Totally up to you! If the second option is what you choose, maybe just make a huge email contact group, and send a group email for doctor appointments, ect... I would love to still be up to date.

I hope you two aren't too depressed from yesterdays mess of a game... I know I am. Love to you both.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gloria and Jim,

I hope you don't think you hurt my feelings or you have to worry about my feelings. I have a very thick skin. I said what I said sincerely thinking that a gentle verbal shake (I meant to be gentle anyway) reminding you that, "Hey, we do love you and we are your friends, now snap out of it!" was the best thing I could give in return at that moment. Please forgive me if I was wrong. This blog is probably where you should speak your mind because it's your place to vent and perhaps I shouldn't speak mine as if we were sitting across from one another having coffee, because so much can be misunderstood in type. Anyway, I hope it's clear that I deeply treasure the friendship we've launched, being able to travel and pray through this crazy year- and-a-half with you, and this blog has helped that to be possible. Personally, I'm voting that you don't pull the plug on the blog.

Love,
Amy

Unknown said...

Wow. You know what's sooooooo amazing. When I find myself in need, you two often come to mind. I'll have to share that with you at some point.

I'm still praying about it though.

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

That's crazy-talk, I tell you. Crazy-talk... all joking from me aside, this blog is the best link to you and the easiest way to know how to pray for you both. But, all that said, you gotta do what's best for you and only you know what that is.

No matter what you decide, we love you guys and will continue to pray.

Kristen said...

I personally won't be your friend anymore if you quit the blog...

...just kidding :-).

Actually, now that I'll see you on a weekly basis, I'd be just as happy to have personal updates in lieu of on-line ones...however, I must say that I enjoyed getting the updates and knowing how/when to pray. If I lived out of town, I'd probably feel more strongly about you continuing. Keep praying and God will let you know what to do...