Friday, September 11, 2009

Great Day # 2

Today was another very good day. Jim went with my brother-n-law Mark out to Wexford to help Mark look at a car and then came home, and we nailed four 2 X 4's in works for the shelves. So far, it's taken us about 4 months...since we've come home, to paint the floor and get 11 pieces of wood up, but I'll take it. It's just in time, too, cause I can no longer walk around my basement. I have to take a picture and post it. It's kinda scary though. Jim's kinda hurty right now, as usual, but hurty and feeling a bit happier is better than hurty and feeling like you don't contribute anything of worth.

THENNNN... we had to take our van in twice the past 2 weeks because of the engine light. I can't remember what it was, but it was close to 300 buckaroos the first time, but today the call was..."when we connected it to the machine, the code came up TRANSMISSION." YIKES. Those words make a housewife married to a hurty man tremble tremble tremble.... But thennnnnnnn, they changed the fluid and said there were no coffee grounds. Now I don't know what that means, but I know it didn't cost me a thousand + bucks. I just hope that darn light stays off. We have to travel to the NIH next week, and that's a bit scary, so pray we don't break down or the light burns out or something. :) I guess we're going to have to get a new used car too eventually. All the driving back and forth, back and forth are taking its toll. But let's not go there. This is about 2 good days in a row. I don't want to ruin it by thinking of used car salesman and trying to get a 10K car for 4K.

My dad's out of the hopt, is getting home nursing for a few days, and I have to meet with the hospice people for him on Tuesday, which may help him to get the breathing treatments that he keeps refusing, but that will keep him out of the hospital. That is goodly.

And last but not least I discovered a few hours ago, online, that next Thursday, The Office, (the last worldly addiction I possess) season 6, begins.

Good day, huh?

LOL...My laundry is all done. LOL. Which reminds me... Those of you who responded to my blog yesterday....I notice 3 of you want to come and TAKE from my dryer, including my own daughter, but my dear nephew wants to come and put money in. Guess who I'm going with....

Who knows, maybe tomorrow will be Great Day number 3.

PS. Do you think I will wear out my "." key?...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, come on...don't use the word "take"...how about the phrase "share in the blessing" :-)...it's all how you look at it!

Glad for good day #2...do we hear 3, anyone???

Hoping to see you at church tomorrow...

K

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! I'm dancing a jig (in spirit) with you. Enjoy!
Amy