Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cottage

Hi Everyone:

Well, we are going to bite the bullet and go to the cottage. Next week is Jim's big 6 month Gig at the NIH. PET scan. Heart Scan, Skin docs and hours and hours of appts. So, we thought we would go and live big. LOL. Get some corn, ride the golf cart and lay in bed and love the sound of the phone not ringing. That is VERY BIG to us.

It's very odd. With us being so worn out and Jim in so much pain, it takes us a long time to do what used to take us very little time. I wanted to go and see Jerry at the hospital, and yet the last thing I wanted to do in the world was go to the hospital. And I feel guilty about it. I remember thinking early on. "how can people go on with their lives." Don't they know ours is falling apart. That didn't last long, as I realized the sillyness of that. But I also realize the feelings and fears that June is going through and part of me wants to be no where but besides her ministering to her, and another part of me wants to be 500 miles away from a hospital, especially the cancer ward. (Heavy Sigh.) So for now I'll pray, and then take Jim to the NIH, and keep on praying for both of these very special men.

Pray for us and for our safety and that we have a little fun. We have forgotten what that is, or how you do it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are going to the cottage. Enjoy the new cottage normal (at least for now normal) to its fullest.

Love,
Amy

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

Hi Gloria and Jim:

Glad to hear you are going to the cottage.... Next month we are going to the "Paw Paw" Festival near Athens Ohio... why, because we still can and we need to go on living the life we still have together and to do something fun cause the past year was not. So, have a great time doing whatever makes you happy.

Love you guys,
Maddy and Sam

Rachel said...

Will pray that God gives you rest, joy, and peace! When are you leaving? Our love goes with you.
Rach

Kelly said...

Yay for the cottage... it is sure to make you both feel great. Enjoy your time before your long trip.

Aunt Dolly... check your jimlovesruby email. :)

Mary said...

That sounds like such a good idea!!

To the cottage!

Very encouraging even tho it'll take yinz a little longer.

I still pray daily for ya.

Love ya,

Mary

Judi said...

I hope you have so much fun. I love you both.
Love,
Judi