Saturday, August 8, 2009

I just really want to go to heaven

Well, I worked my butt off today. I'm so tired I could cry. But I'm too tired to cry, which is why I probably did it.

Well, more bad news in my family. My dear brother-in-law Jerry has lung cancer. Jerry is Jim's sister June's husband. I feel so bad for her cause I know all those terrible feelings. I still have them. Now I have them for them, too.

Well, Jim went up in pain medicine. His neuropathy is getting worse. His quality of life is...well, there is no quality of life. It feels all so terribly uphill constantly.

Keep June and Jerry in your prayers. When Jim was dying, June sent us a card and wrote a simple sentence. She wrote: "Dear Jim and Dolly. My heart breaks for you, Dolly and my baby brother. All I can say is "Jesus."

It was one of the best messages, because that's all there is.

So, June and Jerry...

JESUS

3 comments:

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

Sorry to hear about Jim's sister's husband Jerry. We continue to pray for you both and will remember June and Jerry.

Last weekend, my best friend from H.School called and told me her husband has lung cancer which as spread to his brain... 6 mos to 2 years. And June is right, JESUS, is the only answer. I'm sad, cause I don't think my friend knows HIM very well. But, I hope that she will turn to Him and embrace Him.

Hope to see you at NPC this Sunday.

Love,
Maddy

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria,

We love you both.

Amy

Anonymous said...

I was there, Maddy, but I missed you. My mom had "lung cancer" that went to her brain...6 mos to 2 years. We were shocked when she died in 2 months. I pray they come to know him.

Maddy this is nuts, but I think I was at your house many moons ago. When I saw your name in our 2009 directory and your ad at the end for Starlight. I used to be a distributor. Did you host a training many years ago for when ...I think her name was Nancy, she came up from Florida. Is that wild? Jean Soergel and all that? Just wondering.

Hi Amy:

Thanks. We love you both too. I'm loving seeing Brian's Face on Facebook. :)