Tuesday, May 26, 2009

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!

Well, it was a good start when we left Bob and Shelley's this morning. I couldn't sleep at all last night. But around 3, Mr. Sandman showed up. Before I knew it, it was 5 a.m. and time to go. Last minute shoving of stuff into a van filled to the gills. Shelley had her normal wonderful spread of juice, fresh fruit, etc. A few laughs, a few tears (we'll be back in 2 weeks) and we're off. First song I heard was...FINALLY MAKE IT HOME. LOL. And I thought about that first verse of wrapping my arms around my dad and tell him that I missed him, and I cried because I can't wait until I can see my dear dad.

AND THEN.... Buckets of rain. Almost 3 hours in traffic. Long lines here at the clinic. Check out papers messed up. But Jim's finally in a room, and his numbers are back, and I about puked.

His white blood cells...tanked.
neutrophils.....tanked. He's neutropenic again. Shots again...
His plateles.....tanked. Down to 29.
AND His red blood cells....tanked. So, right now, he's waiting on a blood transfusion. He hasn't needed red blood since before the transplant. (I think it was before the transplant.) Docs, don't know why. BUT, he has a new rash on his feet. It looks like petinkee (sp) eye, but the fact that he's losing blood has them looking into some internal bleeding possibilities???? His spleen being enlarge to 18 cm is being looked at, too.
His temp of 100 last night is causing them to take another round of blood tests, AND...

IF THEY THINK I'M UNPACKING THIS VAN, THEY'RE NUTS. So, pray hard people. I'm not sure if anyone is even reading much anymore. I haven't checked history or anything. I know there are a few out there, but I hope there's a lot more silent readers, and if so, please pray. This is certainly unnerving.

Despite all of that, I do believe they will still release Jim today. We will probably get the honorable discharge right at traffic time again.

Well, I'm in the business center here, so I better go.

Oh, just for laughs, let me tell you about our little "memorial day" treat that we went on, while B&S and fam. went picnicking with some friends. Jim and I decided to drive to the bay. "And just in case" (you know Jim) let's bring the crabbing stuff. It was a nice drive. We decided to go to Point Lookout Statepark, at the Bay. After the hour drive, the road ends at the entrance to the park...where you have to pay 5.00 per person to get in. WHAT????? And, it takes you right to a booth, with no way of getting out of it, unless you go through it and say you changed your mind. So Jim gets his wallet out (I'm driving) and gives me the money to pay. We pull through the booth and drive about 300 yards, not even enough time to get speed up, and a police officer pulls us over because Jim doesn't have his seatbelt on. (NICE TRAP MARYLAND) Wasn't so "merry." If they knew how slow Jim was, they would know it takes a while for him. And it's not like I'm staying around to appeal it... Anyway. We got a ticket. But we had to wait 40 mins for the cop to get all of Jim's history. So, we finally are able to proceed, and there's nothing to do there. We drive to the point, and you can't get out and park and walk on a beach or anything. All there is is barbwire around a lighthouse that is more like a bungalow with a bic lighter on top. Not the traditional lighthouse. So, we headed back out of the park. Wow. One the way back, there was an inlet with boat rental. At the boat rental place, we were able to go on a dock in and we tried our hand at crabbing, but it's been so cold in "merryland" that the crabs still aren't in. We did enjoy sitting on the dock though. I put my feet in the water, and Jim sat on his walker seat. (he did lose his feeting upon standing and I thought he was going in.) So, that was our memorial day. No what though. It was GLORIOUS. That's how hungry for anything we are.

If I wasn't a child of the King though, I would think we had a target on our heads that said, "get me." Of course, being a child of the King, there is that invisable target that the enemy....well... you know.

So, I sure hope it's truly our last day here and we are coming home. But my plans for stopping at Mineo's on the way home....tanked.

Gloria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying, Gloria!

K

Anonymous said...

ok Sister going back to house call everything here at the house is a go.
OK you need new keyboard downhere in basement. Sweet guy name bob plower called.he'prayingandpraising.