Friday, May 22, 2009

getting ready for steak

Well, the prime rib is almost done, (no wonder I'm fat) but I wanted to post and just say how very lovely it is to know that Jim is still cancer free and that we are coming home soon. I can't tell you how badly I want to come home. It's killing me. But what's a few more days.



The doctor said. Well, the immune system is keeping Jim's cancer away. And I asked him.



"Doctor, are you saying that whatever mutation happened in Jim's body is still happening, and that the new immune system is killing it? And the doctor said, "That's probably what is going on, yes." (I don't know why I thought a new immune system meant that his lymph nodes would no longer mutate.) Anyway, I said, well, isn't that what happens in bodies, and he said, yes it is. We have mutations all the time going on in our body, and our immune systems rid our bodies of them and when they don't, that's when something is going on. So, then I thought. However, Jim's cancer was in remission before the SCT, so isn't that better? That means the mutations stopped...or at least paused. But when I thought pause, I thought "Oh NO." What if they start and the new...so I wasn't sure what to be afraid of or not. Then I thought. I know. I won't be afraid of nothing. So, I"m not right now. And I'm feeling good. And the steak is ready. BYEEEEEEEEE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hear it for strong, battling immune systems!

And let's hear it for coming home!

Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!

Looking forward to seeing you!

Love,
K

Rachel said...

This is why the suppliments help so much, they strengthen the immune system.

I'm so glad you're coming home. I'm so so very happy for you!

All my love

Rach