Saturday, March 21, 2009

You know Jim has a new lease on life when:


  • He e-mails me pictures of scooters that he wants to get. (fear not, we're not getting them. It's just that they have wheels and things with wheels appeal to me, and Jim, too, and we've always talked about them.)

  • He e-mails the whole website of scooters.

  • I tell him to go ahead and buy one already. (he still won't)

  • He's ready to come home.

  • You hear that bounce in his voice.

  • He's interested in what Shelley's cooking.

  • He went to the vending machines for the first time ever in a hospital.

  • He's ready to go fishing.

  • He wants to go to the cottage.

  • He wants to go to our church.

And the number one reason you know that Jim has a new lease on life.....


He asks:



  • WHEN ARE WE GOING TO DISNEY. (he says he'll use one of those motorized carts.) What a nut.

Well, this is cool for us. The docs say that if Jim continues to do this well, we can go home 100 days after the transplant. So, let's see. The transplant was. February 19. So, that's what...May 30th? Wow, imagine that. Coming home May 30th, cancer free. I think the thing that would really wow me is being cancer free 6 months from now. You know what though. I'm just taking it as it comes.

Right now, I am sooooooooooooooo happy to be out of that Lodge. I would rather die myself then to have to go back to that hospital setting. I am toooooooooo lonely there. I'm done with that. Even though I have been very very sick (I'm on the mend...and within 7 days only...how about that) it has been sooooo good for me to be here. I think I was losing my mind up there caged in. Poor Jim. Now that he's feeling better, it's hitting him, too. He just called me. He's ready to come home.


Responses: I can't recall everything everyone mentioned, but I really enjoy reading your posts and hearing from you all. It makes me feel the love. Just like Jim feels the love when my sister calls him (hint hint). Nancy, I would LOVE some herbs, as I will come home to NO GARDEN. BOO HOO HOO HOO HOO. I can't imagine. Anyway I would love some. Amy, well, put. I like the way you worded that. It is sweet news, and the sweetest news is Jesus. And your son is too smart for me. Way to go Evan. Next it will be The Count of Monte Cristo, the unabridged version. ;) Tell him I said, "Good Job, young man." And I have no idea what those words mean.

Well the only other prayer request right now, in regards to Jim is to continue to pray that, of course, the cancer stays gone and he doesn't get GVHD, but that also his neuropathy would reverse itself, and his nausea as well.

The docs have no idea what is making him so nauseous. Hence, the study on Tuesday.

He still has the bone marrow biopsy on Monday. He's also going to physical Therapy. We have to buy him one of those fancy walkers with the brakes on it, and the seat. It's the only way he will be able to get around. They are teaching him how to walk. How take his foot put it down and push off from the ball of his foot and toes in a smooth motion. It's hard for him because he can't feel the bottom half of his legs. He sort of walks like Herman Munster. (sorry hon...at least you don't have the bolts in your neck.) Anyways.

Once Jim is out, we will have to go back to the center 2 times a week. We will be there all day. He will have to be seen by the docs, have blood tests, have to get IV magnesium. He'll have to go to physical therapy and on and on. More scans and such. So pray that God keeps us safe on those crazy highways, too.

Which reminds me. I got a ticket. And I didn't even know it. They send a letter to my house in PGH (thanks for doing my mail sister) (where would I be without my sister???? Jail) Anyway, and it shows a picture of my van and the license plate. I was going 40 in a 25 mph zone. I don't even know where I was. Big brother is watching in DC. Yikes. It's 40 dollars. Which is a lot better than in PA. I hope my sister read that close. Well, it's late and I'm rambling.

Nite folks.


5 comments:

k2shine said...

Goodmorning you two,

hint hint? I don't need that to call Jim we gabbed about 45 minutes sat afternoon. I was bored he was really really bored. Computers were down there and Mark was on a gig and I was sitting in car on Arch St northside staring at PPG bldg in town and called Jim, on Jim's cell LOL.

We talked the usually FOOD! But not until we talked about coming home in May, so Dolly could have a summer. That Jim he such a romantic.

Yes Jim's voice has a bounce in it. LOVED IT!
Mark has a bounce in his too after the last results. He loves his Hon.

He was just about to go roaming into other rooms to see if any the pc's were working in an empty room.
Bad Jimmy not to use it but to remove it and swap it with his broken one. But I think they were all down. he's bored alright.

Missing you both terribly.
love and God Bless
prayers continues.

Anonymous said...

Tell Jim when you guys go to Disney, you can jump all the lines with his motorized cart :-)!

Can't wait to see you two home again!

K

Anonymous said...

Hey, K, don't worry. We've already talked about that. LOL. Great minds thing alike, huh? I loved those pics of Larry taking B to the dance. Did they have tons of fun or what?

I can't wait to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

Sister, I know you don't need any hints. :) I don't even talk to him 45 minutes. :)

Loved the pic of my honeybee.

Judy said...

AWESOME!!! JUST AWESOME!!!