Thursday, March 19, 2009

responses and stuff

Well, no news on anything yet. No news on the GVHD babopsy. No news on the PETscan today, although Jim could probably have gotten that, but he's afraid. Can't say I don't blame him. But he did walk up to the library today with his walker all by himself. And he walked down to the 1st floor to get some zuppa.

They won't let him come home tomorrow cause I'm still sick. I called the doc and he put me on some antibiotic, so I should be good by Monday, and we should know much more then.

Amy: I used to LOVE Afrin. I couldn't live without it when I was sick, but then one time I got a severe sinus infection, and my doc said that's the worse stuff to use, so I've been afraid of it since, but I always dream of it when I can't breathe at 3:00 and my mind is racing. :) Maybe I should give it another try.

Rachel and Amy: We could have had tea, had we all been neighbors and friends like in the olden days, before phones and computers. We could have spotted each other's light on in each other's kitchen and mosyed on over. Sounds dreamy.

Sister: I'm not touching that "humming" thing. And obviously Kristen hasn't read the blog yet, or we would have had some smart aleck comment about her using the netty pot on you tube.

Mary Jo: You crack me up, "Sistah." I told you I have some of those OCD tendencies. We are VERY much alike. I agree. It's been so fun getting to truly know you, as I never have all these years. We are definately kindred spirits. Too bad we don't live closer. But then again, because of the similaries, we might drive each other bonkers with too much of a good thing.

As for remembering all those things. Jim has always said, my mind is a steal trap. And I think, yeah, and my sanity is caught up in that trap, trying to get free.

Tomorrow is the big drum roll day......Is Jim totally grafted.... Is Jim still cancer free.... Does Jim have GVHD of the gut.....

I'm thanking God for whatever he gives. I really am. The roller coaster life has lost it's ability to thrill me or scare me.

Shelley's taking good care of me. I asked her if I could keep her. She said, "yes." But I don't think she really meant it. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you're right...I've been behind on my blog reading...having some drama here at home (not directly but extended fam). You can always count on a smart aleck remark from me...I just posted for you :-).

I'll pray for a good report tomorrow. Perhaps it is Jim's twin (babopsy).

Hang in there, girl! And if you ever figure out what's so funny about The Office, let me know. I gave up after two episodes. There is NOTHING good on TV anymore...NOTHING!

Anonymous said...

"My name is Earl" is pretty funny.