Saturday, March 28, 2009

the last few days

Hi Everyone:

First I want to thank you for all your kind and encouraging messages. I see Jim every once in a while checking to see if anybody wrote anything or wrote him. It's always good to see and hear how many love us. So, thanks, guys. Junie, you're so sweet. You always say the best thing. Jim told me that Unc would call someone that he really liked, honey girl. :) I HAVE to call you. I have been want to so badly. I'll get there. There are many of you that I've wanted to call and tell you how much your note meant to me. Kelly, thanks so much for the offer of purchasing us a walker. I just ordered one on costco and they will deliver it. I just didn't even have time to e-mail you back. And many others. I hate feeling like I'm leaving someone out or that I love someone more, or that someone is better than someone else, because that is not the case. You have all, every single one of you, touched us in one way or another and continue to do so. So, thanks.

So, what has the past week been like? CRAZY. Let's see. Jim got out on Tuesday, and we had to go back to the hopt Wed and Thurs. That was just completely nuts. Jim was sooooooooo worn out, and we had to get up so early. Both days, Jim almost had bathroom accidents, and his back is KILLING him from the ride. Both days traffic was horrendous, and poor Jim almost could just not handle it. On Thursday, we got up at 5:30 and left at 6:20, and it took us 3 hours to get there. 3 HOURS... It would normally take an hour, an hour and 15 mins. And then spending hours sitting at the hopt. waiting for tests and such, it's just too much.

The good thing is that being here, I am being cared for. I am eating good healthy meals. Shelley and I are taking walks in the morning, and it's a wonderful time of exercise and sharing. Talking and walking. Equal parts of both. I feel guilty not even doing a dish. And yet at the same time, everytime I don't have to do a dish, a little scale of stress falls off, as I know that everything that I have gone through over the past 2 years is way beyond myself and I couldn't have done it without the Holy Spirit sealed within me. And I'm glad I'm sealed with the Holy Spirit....so none can leak out. Cause I need all I can get. And every chance I get to sit, rest or to just be is helping me reserve my???? for who knows what.

The bad part of being here is the traffic and the travel and how hard it is on Jim. So, we have decided, despite the cost, we are going to have to drive up to Bethesda on Sunday Nights and Wednesday nights and stay at a hotel there so that we can go to the NIH the following morning and get there on time (as we have been very late for both appointments). Jim will need to go twice a week the whole time we are here.

So, while we'll still be doing a little bit of that in and out of hotel room stuff, but I am planning it in such a way that we arrive there at night, in time for bed, and just leave in the morn. We'll just use their soaps and stuff, so I won't have to pack up all kinds of stuff. (Sorry, Judy, no more little bottles of bath stuff for your missionary dwelling anymore, but I'm sure you understand. Plus you probably have enough for a while. ) So, it will be a pain in the butt still, but much better for Jim.

Jim...well, I already see his spirits getting down. I think he thought that getting out of the hospital would mean he was feeling stronger and ready to go. And I can understand this, because it's the desire of our hearts so badly. But this can just take years, even. For instance. Jim is not allowed to touch dirt until his immune system is totally back. That could be 2 years. Same with swimming pools, being in crowds, etc. His energy level could take just as long.

I think it's important that Jim stay in the word, in the presence of God. So, please please PLEASE continue to pray for him. The enemy is still at work, even if the cancer isn't. And I need prayer still, too. My house in Pittsburgh is falling apart, and I am here. And even if I were there, Jim is too sick to do anything. All these things can swirl over and over in my mind and cause anxiety in my heart if I'm not on the alert for the adversary trying to steal my peace.

I ran into the Zetta, some of you know who I mean, but she works for the Stemcell team. She said to me. "We are VERY encouraged about Jim. Very encouraged that his cancer isn't back yet and that he is doing well." So, that was very good to hear. I had to give Jim a shot for neutropenia, however, that was the longest time of not being neutropenic that he has had in a long time. Kidney numbers....gettting better. Red blood cell numbers....getting better. Less transfusions, things like that.

Anyway you all have a great weekend, and I'll be back with hopefully good news soon.

We love you
Us

5 comments:

k2shine said...

Sister, you made me laugh.
I had to re read it 3x. guilt in doing dishes. tsk tsk Sister.

Jimbo, Mark didnt call you. I think he doesn't want yelled at. He was so happy how you looked on the pics.

I will have him call you tonight while I watch some of that Pitt game.

I diffently think staying at the motel is good idea for you both.

You have a lemon almost ready for picking in the greenhouse the side that lays on the other lemon it's green. When do they get picked. We'll mail them and you can make lemonade.

I miss calling you Jim everyday.

Ok gonna go now cause I'm missing you guys to much Mark wants to put out the Easter decorations for Christa.

I will continue my prayers.
I love you both.

Ps 3:3 But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

mary jo said...

Hi Jim and Dolly, It's Sat. pm and I'm watching Ben Hur on Tv. It must be close to Easter. I'm so glad You're with Bob and Shelly. It must be so healing. "Why so downcast o my soul why do you sigh within me ;hope in God who is the health of my countenance". Love,MJB

Mary said...

Jim is looking GREAT! What good news - except for that commute. Jake and Abby and I are fighting for gardening space this year. Abby never wanted anything to do with it in the past but look out! She's been bit. Jake and Abby did a song together at the Youth Group's spaghetti dinner, I'll email it to you. Toby, the grandbaby, is walking. Favorite thing to do = BALL!! I've been able to canoe more and more each week!!

Here's my favorite song right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ehm4T3QtMw

ME and Max are coming for a visit around Easter for a little fishing. Some1 stole all of our poles. We had like 15 and I left them outsite - doh!!

Love yinz guys - I hope to see you soon!!

Mary R.

Unknown said...

Hi Mary:

Great song. I can relate. However, the world just doesn't stop. I guess I have to stop, eh?

Tell Me I said hello and how is Max doing in Chicago? My son is moving there in May. We're losing our loved ones to Obamaland.

Sorry to hear about your polls and such. Wow, baby walking....etc. I am missing so much with you. I bet your "world" has changed so much since we last talked, too. Call me sometime. If I can't talk, I'll just simply tell you so.

Love yinz back.

Unknown said...

Shut up, Sister.