Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday

Hi All:

Not sure if daily posts are needed. In 4 days that I have been gone, you have missed only things like, new ailments, sickness, people stealing my food, etc.

I still type in "Jim's jubilant journey" in the google box to find my own blog. (computer savvy, huh?) Every time I do, I see this.

Jim's Jubilant Journey. I named it this because even though Jim has cancer, we still have great joy, we are rejoicing, are exultant and will triumph....come ...

And yeah, that is still true, but it sure is cheesy. We have great joy, but that sounds bubbly, and our joy isn't. Our great joy is in our great eternal home, and the fact that we can serve God now during this time with our broken selves. Our "rejoicing" isn't in great loud praise, but rather in quiet thank yous that God is good and all of this is temporary. "Exultant?" I don't know what that was about. Triumph? We will, because the Holy Spirit is in us enabling us to. And ultimately at the end of life we triumph because Jesus Triumphed over the grave. So... I just wanted to add that because every time I see it it stares at me like some type of lie, and it isn't. It just was a bit...I guess less mature when I wrote that a year ago.

Okay, Now. Jim:

  • Change of many meds, because they were wreaking havoc on his body.
  • He's exhausted and only gets out of bed to go to the bathroom, and that may change cause:
  • His gout is flared up, and we are very scared of this.
  • He's on so many meds, it makes my head spin. The body can handle all these meds, and yet not destroy a simple cancer cell. hmmm.
  • The worse thing is that Jim has an infection in his rectal surgery site. This was the one thing that the Docs did NOT want to see happen. As you can imagine, when you don't have an immune system, you can't fight off infection. Jim has been, I think, on 4 different antibiotics now. This is not good at all. But it is what it is, and I have no idea what will happen.

I don't have much more to tell you, since you know I have said that this battle is going to be long. When I mentioned Jim will feel better in 7 to 10 days, all I meant was he may be able to take a small walk. It's not zippidy doo dah, that's for sure.

Oh, and men from the men's group at North Park Church. Thank you so much for sending that card. It really really encouraged Jim, and that's what he needs most right now, as everything else is hard. You really live out what you say you believe, and we are humbled by it and we learn from it. (Now may God grant us an opportunity to put into practice what we have learned. ;) ) It's okay to wink at God, huh?

US

3 comments:

k2shine said...

Hello you two, seems like a week since I've heard from you, I knew you weren't out having fun but taking good care of Jim. Sorry there are set backs I will pray for all of them and of course for the strength you both need.

If I told you I'm be concerned about the next couple of days wouldnt suprise you none Sister, but I told Jim I would have faith thru all of this and it grows and I learn by it.

To think year ago Jim started this fight with cancer with chemo and you started bloggin keep all who love and support you informed of each step. I thank you so much for that. Helps me understand alot about giving, selflessness,faith, hope and love and so much more.

Thank you for this pass year of sharing yourselves with us opening up your heart and soul.

I love you both and miss you kiss his bald head for me.

Anonymous said...

I will sis. Thanks for the encouragement.

I love and miss you too.

And Jumbo has some peach fuzz. ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay Gloria of course let me know when I have gone too far but(and I do get the wink part) but pleeeeeeease

Now may God grant us an opportunity to put into practice what we have learned. ;) if you get any more practice you will both pass out.

You guys are truly wonderful. I wanted to let you know we announced in church Sunday that God has led us to our next senior pastor. His name is Dan Hendley and I know it might be awhile but I can't wait for you both to meet him and his wife Beth. They have been through some stuff too. He preaches at church March 15th and then the congregation votes. He can;t start until April 27th which is after the presbytery meeting when they should vote him in officially. I know this is who God sent to us. It certainly doesn't change anything about what you are going through but I thought you might want to know. There is a letter and pic about him on the website under senior pastor candidate.

Well I shall keep praying for you both. Now from sarcasm earlier in this post to sappy. You guys really are an inspiration. The people who I really learn from about being a Christian are people who suffer and keep running the race. I was just reading in 2Chronicles 20:12-"We do not know what to do. Our eyes are upon You" Kind of reminds me of you guys:)

NAncy