Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Part 2

Jim needs prayer. Long story short. The infection is not a real bad one, so that's not a big problem right now. But what is a problem is that they want to aspirate his toe to make sure it's gout, despite the Rheumy people saying it's gout, and Jim knows it's gout, and giving him Lasix can create Gout, and Jim's kidney numbers are up, which can hint towards gout. This aspiration is very very painful in and of itself, but when they are sticking you in a gout/inflamed foot...well.

In order to do this biopsy, they have to give him platelets because his blood is so jacked up and the risk of bleeding. And in order to give him platelets, they have to give him 3 benedryl because he has been having alergic reactions to them. They knock him out, and make him doopey. Not to mention the ativan, the dilauded, as well. And the worse thing about that is that his nephews Bob and Rege are coming to see him, and he didn't want to be doopy. I sure do hope they have a nice visit.

And I sure hope they don't inflict any more pain. Jim refused it initially, but then they refused to treat him for the gout,and he can barely stand. sigh.

MJ. I LOVED THE SHIRTS. GREAT COLORS. BEAUTIFUL. Thank you so much. I just got the package at my door as I was typing this. Thanks so much. I hope they fit. I gained a few... Oh, btw, we never got any notice about Jim's gift certificate so I will have to try and find out about that. Thank you very much for the beautiful birthday gift with such wonderful spring colors. Tell Joe thanks, too

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Dolly,

I'm praying these setbacks are VERY temporary and Jim will be back on the journey to wellness very soon. Hope you're getting enough rest.

God bless,
Susan
xoxoxo

mary jo said...

Hi baldauffs, Joe and I are on a business trip. Infection! No good, we'll certainly be praying. Much Love, MJB and JB _-So glad you like the stuff.