Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm here

Well, I made it. And I'm all unpacked.

My birthday was pretty uneventful. I woke up, played a game with B & S's kids, packed up and went to the lodge. The room was ready, so I unloaded and went to the hosptial to see my Jimmy. He looked good. I had brought some cake from home, so we had a piece of pineapple unpside down cake together.

Bob came into the NIH yesterday where he underwent many tests, and they took about a gallon of blood. They are running one more test, and until that comes back, they still won't sign Jim onto the protocol. I don't think there could be a problem, but one never knows down here.

I unpacked late last night...oh, I have to go. John lent me a laptop, but the CD rom isn't working and I wanted to start the taxes. So Jim is going to take apart the computer in his room and try to remove the CD rom drive from the US government so we can borrow it. He's a piece of work. Brother Bob and Jim are very similar. Bob was here one day and already has many solutions to their governmental snafus. These Baldauffs are fun. But taking apart the govt.'s computers? Come on Jumbo. Be good.

Hey, John....Dad wants to know why you have your computer partitioned and such all fancy, and yet you have him fix your computers? Is the CD rom broke in your computer?

K, gotta run. Jim's ready to "borrow."

4 comments:

k2shine said...

oh goodness. You know Jim is feeling better when he wants to take apart the computer.

Mark's watering the greenhouse today when he meets with homedepot guy. It's 60 and sunny.

ok I love you both and miss you alot.

Rachel said...

Hi there! I just got home from a visit at Naomi's so I don't have much time but I did want to tell you that our cd drive wasn't working and Gary got it fixed. If it's the driver I can have Gary e-mail you and tell you what he did to fix it. It was "scarY' (fiddling with things that could mess the whole system up.) but he got it fixed and it works great now. Let me know if it's the driver.

Love you! Happy late birthday!

Rach

Anonymous said...

Thanks sis.

Rach, He had the darn thing fixed before I knew it. But thanks anyway.

John Baldauff said...

I had one of my students partition it for me...i would have no clue how to do it. And the CD-Rom has always worked fine for us...so Dad is not off the hook on fixing my computer!