Friday, February 13, 2009

Hello Everyone:

Good comments to yesterday’s nightmare. Good stuff. Thanks all. The finger is bruised, but I think she will make it. Chocolate sure would have made the bruise easier to handle tho. :)

Bob came in today and gave his first bunch of stem cells. These cells that they extracted today will be treated and stored and given to Jim at day 14th after transplant. These are called booster cells to give the new immune system that extra boost. Bob comes in tomorrow again, for his first shot of neupogen to get those stem cells out of the bone marrow and into the blood. He will then go home with the same med to give himself shots every day and then will be back in MD next week for another extraction of stem cells. This extraction will be what they use for the initial stem cell transplant, as this batch will have the higher number of stem cells because of the shots. Jim’s transplant will probably be on the 19th. Don’t take that to the bank though.

In the meantime, Jim got a pic line in his arm for the one chemo. Once this chemo goes into a line, it contaminates it, and they can’t use it again, so they don’t use his port. So, poor Jim is all wired up. He also started his chemo today. This will last 4 days. I hope this will be the last chemo to ever go through his veins. Bob told us that while he was in the lab during his extraction, a man with cancer visited his donor, who was sitting next to Bob. Bob said that this was his 4th stem cell transplant. SHUT UP…

Well, that’s all I have to report today. It was a pretty good day, snafuwise. I'm glad I brought my bike. It was a good thing to do. I ride it back and forth from the Lodge to the hospital and it makes for a fast journey.

John thanks for the laptop. It’s wonderful to have in the privacy of my own room.

Nancy, I can see us two old farts knitting on the way up to Chicago. We can make the kids a toilet cozy. LOL.

K and Maddy, you are right. It did Jim good to take care of me. It’s what he lives to do. And it works for me.

Kelly, congratulations on your wedding. We are so sorry we can’t be there. You are going to be a beautiful bride. And I will certainly miss my brother in a tuxedo walking into church. I don’t know which of those 2 things amuses me most.

Sister, thanks for doing the mail.. I’ll e-mail you my address.

MJ, are you happy your Joe is home? I bet you are. I miss your words of encouragement, but I can hear them in my heart even when you aren't typing them. I bet you got a chuckle reading yesterday's post. I did. When it's all done and I look back, it's kind of funny (except for the chocolate thing). But I wouldn't want to do it over again. I walked past my stain in the carpet from the fruit juice and stuck my tongue out at it.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY.

Oh, and please...whatever you do...DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR ME AND MAIL ME CHOCOLATE....If it's too late and you already did, I'll forgive you. ;) But if you're thinking of it, DON'T....Send an exercise ball. LOL.

Love to you

3 comments:

k2shine said...

Good Valentine's day to you both. I will miss you at the wedding. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

Happy valentines day to you both!!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love

Unknown said...

Amen

Rachel said...

Hi dolly,

I don't know if you got my comment from yesterday or not. It was long winded as usual! :-)

Please pray for Nathaniel tonight. His temp is 103. Thank God he is still keeping food down. Please pray that he continues to eat and that his temperature drops. Also, please pray for me who tends to become a basket case over Nathaniel's health with so many horrible memories flooding my mind. I know you and Jim will understand the rollercoaster ride of disease.

Well, my friend I love you and continue to pray for you both.

Rach