Sunday, December 14, 2008

sunday

Good morning all.



I went to church today. It was good. I promise to let my NPC church members, those who were interested, how this church is similar, different and compares to ours.



Jim had a bad night. Lots of pain. His eyes are sore, and he's tired. Not sure what that is all about. Is the cancer growing again? I don't know. The doctor that came in today said that Jim will not be having 6 sessions of EPOCH, like we had been previously told. They just want to get it managed so they can do the stem cell transplant. I was told by the doc, that the EPOCH could take care of the cancer itself. They must have changed their mind. Anyway, I'm glad Jim's had some bounceback healthwise, which makes us say "yes" to a SCT. A week ago, we both would have said no. Still scary though. We don't even know if anyone is a match yet. I guess we'll find out soon. So, I'm also wondering if we'll ever go home before the STC takes place. Whewwwwwwwwww...Never a dull moment.



Rach, amen to what you posted.

MJ, amen to what you posted.

Amy, awwwwwww, you and Lanely sewing for me? That's sweet. Hope you and your family are doing well. Hannah still praying for Mr. Jim? Brian, you still writing poetry? ;)

Mike and Ali, I thought I had wrote a thankyou e-mail, but found that it was returned to me. I guess I remembered your e-mail address wrong. Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you so much for blessing me and your Uncle Jim. I tried to tell you mom, "no" but she said you guys really want to do that. So thanks. We love you guys and are blessed by your generosity. Thanks, too, for helping John with his car. They had a nice time visiting with you guys.

Oh my. We're doing okay down here. I sure am lonely. Very lonely. Last night, the 6 goosedown pillow place had a party in the Atrium. "Celebrate good times, come on" and such, boomed into my door so loud until about 11:15 at night. I couldn't even hear the television. But that's okay, it was just Willy Wonka for the 3rd time since I've been here.

So thanks MJ, Rach, and Amy, for letting me know what you guys were doing. It helps me feel connected. I appreciate that.

And MJ, I hope you're mouth is doing better. If I were at home, I would have joined you for a Christmas movie. There are never any good ones, anymore though.

Love Us

2 comments:

k2shine said...

hello you two,
I've been busy wrapping Marks gifts. boringgggggg nuffin good Sister cause we didnt shop. Oh I lost 8 pounds got weighed at the docs last week. I have my yearly appt with Onco Doc thurs, he's leaving heading some big thing up in Florida, so I have to pick another. Probably cause we arent shopping and eating. About those red kettles I'm hitting them for you Sister. I think of the year that you went broke. I kinda felt like I went shopping with you yesterday I'm sorry that you were in pain again last nite Jim. I did lots of supplication today praying. Dr Stanley was all about anxiety. My conveyor belt just isnt moving fast enough to many folks on it I guess.
Ok games on so I'm out of here!

I love you both so much and Miss you so much

Rachel said...

Hi Dear Friend, I had a question for you about Jim's stem cell transplant, is it covered by your insurance? There is a lady in our choir, in her 30s, whose husband has lukemia and they need to raise $10,000.00 for the bone marrow transplant! I know a bone marrow transplant and a stem cell transplant has their differences but it made me wonder about your insurance.
Well, today we are in the deep freeze, it is zero degrees and we had four inches of snow. You know me, I'm celebrating like crazy!
You are constantly on my mind, I think of you guys more often than there are seconds in a minute! It doesn't matter what I'm doing, whether singing in the choir, making spagetti for my family, or building a fire all by myself at 6:00AM, I'm still thinking of you.
I love you.
Rach