Sunday, December 28, 2008

Post Christmas Update

So, I thought it was a good idea to see the National Christmas Tree with John and Leah Christmas night after we wore Jim out. Before we left, I wasn't feeling well, but went anyway.

I got car sick on the drive, and my Cold Urticaria was killing me, but we walked around the White House and saw the tree...After the bike cop held the flashlight so that John could change his flat tire, (which he had to replace...another unforeseen cost of this visit) we drove home, and that's when I knew it wasn't car sickness.

Without a second to spare, John pulled over on the main drag and I projectile vomited all over the lawn of the Naval Medical Center. I'm sure Big brother was watching. At least I spared the leather seats of their Volvo.

It turns out that it wasn't the chemo that had Jim vomiting and diarrheaing the whole night before Christmas and all through the NIH. And it wasn't chemo that had me doing the same thing on the roadside and all through the night and the next day at the lodge and unfortunately even today. Although I'm feeling much better. But the cramps in my stomach feels like I did 5000 situps and then someone kicked me in the stomach.

So, John and Leah had to go to a hotel and leave the Lodge so they didn't get sick. (Another unplanned expense for them) Fortunately nobody was around and I was allowed to stay at the lodge as long as I didn't tell anyone that Jim was being tested for C-dif, and that I stayed quaranteened in my room. The high temp and body chills just added to the festivities. I actually got it worse than Jim, for which I am thankful, because he's had enough.

I think there are 2 patients on the whole floor, and no docs to be seen. Everyone is gone, and I don't think Jim will be released because there is no one here to release him. I couldn't drive home yet anyway, as I am too weak...

And how was your Christmas???

No comments: