Wednesday, December 3, 2008

OHHHH NOOOOO

Doc came in and said that there's about a 90 percent chance that we won't get out of here before Jim's next infusion, which means I might not be home until Christmas Eve, if even by then.

I can't imagine. I'm so home sick. I can't stand it. I need to pay more bills. I need to order medicine. I need to feed my greenhouse plants. I need to bake butterballs. I need to see my Dad, John and Leah, my sister, my honeybee. I want to go to my church. I want to go to bible study. I want to volunteer for the Christmas stuff. I miss the bell choir. I need some assemblance of a normal life. I haven't had it in so long. I fear I am going nuts.

I have ADHD, as most of you know. Those of you who don't, now you know why I bounce of the walls, etc. The two most important things that someone with ADHD must have...MUST HAVE are
  • an orderly, scheduled life
  • no stress

Well, 18 months of this hospitals, doctors, rollercoasters, chaos is really taking a toll, not only on Jim, but on me, too.

I have to leave the Lodge on the 8th, I believe, and then I'm not allowed to go back for 7 days. After 7 days, I could go back, if there is an opening. So, I have to pack up and....

Not that going home has all the answer either. I'm scared with Jim in so much pain and such. Because this place isn't insurance fed, the don't want to let Jim go home in a half dead condition with tons of narcotics. So, this is good. I just feel like my life is spinning out of control. I'm not sleeping right, exercising right, eating right, worshipping right....

20 more days possibly, if not more? sigh...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what you're going through. Being away from home for so long would be very tough. I'll pray that you can get home between treatments. If it doesn't work out God is still in control and has you in His care. I love you guys. Be at peace.
Love,
Judi

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you both were blessed by the letter - I meant every word. Praying for you tonight!!!

Rachel said...

Dearest Friend,
That is such difficult news to hear. I can't imagine being away from home so long, other than not having a home three different times. UGH! Not fun to not have a place to call home or to not be at home, I feel for you deeply.

One thing that I wanted to share with you and that is how much just soaking in the word of God has helped me in my time of grief. Even in times when I didn't feel I could really comprehend the Bible because of being stressed or tired I still continued to saturate my life with the Bible. In one week I read the entire New Testament and the comfort I received was thorougly amazing. I don't know how to describe it but the Word came into my soul in a way that prayer or reading a chapter here and there never did. I could "feel" the fellowship with God through his word, even though many times I read it with tears streaming down my face to where I would see double from all the liquid in my eyes! Anyway, when I haven't had strength to pray or when my worship was stail and dry, reading the Bible in large doses has literally saved my life at times. I wanted to share that with you. Whether it is for now or another time in your life I felt compelled to share that with you.
I love you my friend!
You are in my prayers.
Rach

Anonymous said...

Dolly ,perhaps, you could consider medicating the















adhd

dolly , Perhaps you consider medicating the ADHD to get you sanely thru this insanity. My kids that use adderall do much better with it.You can always stop later It has no lasting effects. Love Junie Can someone here get you the numbers to order the other meds you needs ?Please blog your address.

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Talk about screwing up the blog .If you have to stay you can release some of Jim's care and not have to feel so much responsibility.Will you stay with Bob &Shelly for the 7 days ?Maybe Jim could handle a day pass at Christmas for B &S .Just some thoughts , June

mary jo said...

Dearest Dol, Last night during a heartfelt time of prayer God brought your fav. about the woman and the judge to mind from Luke18. "Shall not God avenge His own elect which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily . Nevertheless when the Son of Man cometh shall He find faith on the earth?--God knows we are human and need some hope. It's His faith that sustains when we don't have any left(we never did have any apart from what He gives). He knows when we are so tired and sick of it all. The word above is He will avenge us speedily. Love and many prayers that you will get home soon.MJB In the event that He sees for you to stay there I know that you know His strength will take you through. But I'm still hoping for you because I love you .

Anonymous said...

Thanks family. You are all so very sweet and encouraging. I appreciate it.

Dolly

Anonymous said...

Thanks family. You are all so very sweet and encouraging. I appreciate it.

Dolly

Anonymous said...

I propose Christmas in DC for the Baldauff clan if U. Jim and A. Gloria are still there.

Mary said...

Wow! I want to come and visit yinz in DC. I love road trips.

Still praying and keeping ME in the loop by reading parts of the the blog to her from time to time.

Lots of love,

Mary

Unknown said...

.

Unknown said...

.