Sunday, December 21, 2008

Chickens, bok bok

LOL. Well, I scared all you well wishers away for a day, did I? All except 2.....2 people who probably have a bigger mouth than me. My sister and Maddy. Kim, meet Maddy, Maddy, Kim. What a bunch of chickens....

Well, I told satan to take a tall leap off my back and go back to HE double hockey sticks. I didn't want to ruin Jim's birthday with my depression. So, I picked Jim up, and he came with me to the Lodge. They had Hanaka, or however you spell that, light ceremony and then we ate Latkes, which are potatoe pancakes, traditional Jewish food served. We layed in our beds and watched a bit of tv, and we imagined that we were at home, and it felt good.

Wow, are we getting cheap. LOL. But it doesn't take much, so that's good. I actually feel better. If I had to spend another 10 hours in this hosptial I think I would have gone nuts today.

We just got back, and Jim's blood pressure is really really high. I have to go.

Bye for now.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Dearest Friend
It is hard to hear verses and words of “encouragement” when you're deeply hurting. They’ve never once helped me and I doubt that they’ve helped anyone else who was truly suffering and not just having a bad day. The bible says weep with those who weep but we Christians tend to send a verse or give advice to those who weep. I think it's our human tendency to want to "do" something to help a person rather than just "being". Our American mentality says that we have to "do" something in order to be a success even when it comes to helping a friend. Nothing helps except to know that the creator of the universe is on his mighty throne and you are not him, you have a great cloud of witnesses in Heaven cheering you on to faithfulness including the very author of Hebrews who looks down upon you and blesses you with his prayers of faithfulness upon you! I pray for perseverance for you my friend. All through the New Testament the apostles didn't pray for their suffering to stop but they prayed for perseverance when they were persecuted. I pray for Holy Spirit courage for you, not because I would rather see you persevere than be rescued but because I can't do one thing to rescue you but I can pray that God will give you courage to look into Jesus face as Stephen did as he was being stoned. That kind of response to suffering is not human but God given. There is no way that Stephen could have done that in his own strength but it was a work of the Holy Spirit that enabled him to praise God and see Jesus as the rocks were being thrown at his face. I pray that kind of perseverance upon you my friend for only the power of the Holy Spirit will get you through.

All my love
Rach

k2shine said...

Hi Maddy nice to meet you.

Goodmorning Sister and Jim.

Sheesh Sister dont leave us hanging with that b/p.
To much excitement for Jim.

Our get together with Marks family was nice. Christa enjoyed Morgan and new baby is getting big. Harv and Gloria, Donna, Marks Mom and Dad. Santa made an appearance. He then quietly slipped away and when Christa notice he was gone went to the front door did her drama. Yes she layed on the door cheek pressed on it, slapped her hands saying noooo ho ho ho, and Morgan followed and did the same.
Marks getting AAA from his parents today our car died yesterday when Mark went down to get bag of ice. So it will be towed to Joes. Last year the car broke same day of the get together and snow but snow never came this year yeaaa just dropped temps.
Got to go its only 4 degrees and you know my gameroom its 6 LOL.
Prayers and more prayers for you both
I Love you. <-:P

Unknown said...

Hi Rach: Thanks for that. Jim's sister June sent a card not to long ago that said, "All I can say guys is, Jesus." It was perfect. What else is there to say.

Hi Kim: Use the truck.