Thursday, November 6, 2008

NCI Called....Wow

Well, the National Cancer Institute actually called today, after I had given up.

I got the name of the trial and the number of the med they are using and some preliminary data. More info to come.

Interestingly enough, when I finally found the trial at the NCI's webpage, it is for the exact and only trial that I was ever interested in, because it's for Jim's exactly cancer, which is so rare. In 4 years, they've only had 14 participants, because it's that rare. But I get ahead of myself.

Prayer time. He has an appt. but we're not sure if he's going to go or not. We'll make a decision after much prayer.

One thing I read though is that one person with Jim's exact cancer took this med and was still alive after 4 years. Hmmmmmmm. That I believe that was in Phase 1 of this trial. This trial right now is in Phase 2, which is exactly the type of trial that Jim would need. But really, I'm not going there, but it may be the impetus that Jim needs to say yes to going to Bethesda. It's up to him.

Anyway, I have to go. I watch 1 tv show each week, and it's on now.

Bye

4 comments:

Mark Justin Josephs said...

cool wallpapaer.

Rachel said...

We will pray. It's amazing that this trial is for Jim's exact and very rare cancer. We will pray!

love you

Rach

Anonymous said...

we'll be praying

Anonymous said...

MARCUS!?! Crazy, eh? who'd have thunk it?