Wednesday, October 8, 2008

ups and downs


Imagine my delight when Jim wanted to go out to lunch. It was so very exciting. It was normal, even though I knew he didn't feel normal. But that he wanted to go out at all, was exciting. So, we went to get Chinese at Sesame Inn.

Poor guy didn't feel too good for too long. When he got home, he threw up his whole meal. I think he's blocked up pretty good. He can't seem to keep anything down, and not too much is going through.

But for 20 minutes, I had my old Jumbo back, and it was delightful. The rest of the day, I wouldn't have minded if I ceased to breath, but only after Jim's last breath.

Doesn't he look good though? It's hard to believe he is so sick.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You both look fantastic! I mean you really do look great! It's hard to believe what you're going through, which is clear evidence of the grace of God that covers your countenence, regardless of the intense pain.

love ya
me

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had that moment of "normalcy". You both do look great...

still praying,
K

Anonymous said...

Twenty minutes is better than no minutes. You both look great. That's God's Amazing Grace. I'm praying and praying. I love you both. Be at peace.
Love,
Judi

Laura said...

Thanks for the pic....it did my heart good to see the two of you together.....love and prayers,
Laura Hoekstra

Rachel said...

I just printed out your picture and put it on our refridgerator so that our whole family can pray for you both as we walk in and out of the kitchen. (Which unfortunatly for our waste line is quite often!)
We love you!
Rachel