Thursday, October 2, 2008

Scared

Hi Everyone:

I'm on pins and needles. I don't know what to do. Jim is in so much pain, yet he swears he's had this before. I don't know if he is in denial and is just trying to push what is going on out of his mind, of if its just me. I have been fighting off feelings of defeat for many days now.

I feel like Moses who had to hold his hands up so that Israel could win the battle. When Moses got tired and lowered his hands, Israel suffered losses. He had Aaron and Hur help him to hold his hands up so that Joshua would win the battle.

I'm tired like Moses.

Are you holding my hands up in prayer? I know that faith isn't an amount of something, and if I don't have enough I can't cash it in on a miracle. I just need my hands held up, so I don't give up praying, hoping, trusting and smiling for Jim. He likes to see me smile. And I know my fear isn't a lack of faith. I just need some help when it looks like Jim isn't doing well.

I'm not making any sense, am I?

4 comments:

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

There isn't a minute that goes by that I am not thinking of you. It's funny, but I had the same picture in my mind about Moses/Aaron/Hur when I pictured people praying for Sam. Please know that many are lifting you and Jim up before the Lord and our arms don't grow weary in well doing for God is holding our arms up.

Anonymous said...

Our hands are up, all 10 of them! Love you guys!

Judy said...

Just like I was on Thursday at the hospital, I will and always will be one of your supports. From the beginning and always, praying at all hours! Especially because I lie awake many hours of the night praying.
Holding you both in love, and many many heartfelt prayers,
Judy

k2shine said...

Sister? looking up at Judy's (Mrs. Jackson) comment I'm wondering if she still using that white glove she had on at the hospital Thurs.
hmmm?

Continues prayers for you both and the entire family.

So hands up, eyes up!
Lifting you both up in prayer!
We love you both so much.