Thursday, October 2, 2008

More Pain

Hi everyone:

Jim continues to be in pain this morning. His temperature is not elevated, which is a good thing, but the pain is super intense. Also, the oxycontin doesn't seem to be helping it. Jim tends to remember this happening a few times, where it radiates down his spine and thumps thumps. We're just not sure what or why and whether it's cancer related or what.

I have a doc appt. at 12. He's okay to be alone, and Mark is next door working at my neighbors, so he's close if I need him.

But I would ask that you would ask our God of all comfort to comfort Jim and take away his pain.

Thanks
Gloria

1 comment:

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

Praying for you both. My heart is breaking for you.
Isa 40:27 Why do you say, O Jacob, such words as these, O Israel, The Lord's eyes are not on my way, and my God gives no attention to my cause?
Isa 40:28 Have you no knowledge of it? has it not come to your ears? The eternal God, the Lord, the Maker of the ends of the earth, is never feeble or tired; there is no searching out of his wisdom.
Isa 40:29 He gives power to the feeble, increasing the strength of him who has no force.
Isa 40:30 Even the young men will become feeble and tired, and the best of them will come to the end of his strength;
Isa 40:31 But those who are waiting for the Lord will have new strength; they will get wings like eagles: running, they will not be tired, and walking, they will have no weariness.
Hold on to the Lord. He is faithful and true. Love, Maddy