Friday, September 26, 2008

OMgosh...I AM a homecoming queen

Hi Everyone:

For those of you who know me close, I have referred to my life as not being one in which I was blah blah blah and not the homecoming queen. My friend Karen told me that in Jesus's arms, I am always the homecoming Queen, and I loved that.

BUT GUESS WHAT. I am the homecoming queen here, too.

JIM IS COMING HOME today at 5:00. Yippee. Thank you Lord. 2 days ago, I thought he wouldn't make it out of the hospital, and today he is coming home. After ~ 13 hopt. visits, Jim, just keeps coming home to his QUEEN. So, I am the homecoming queen. Okay Okay. I know. Can anyone tell I'm excited? He's never really called me a queen, but I do call him the King (he loves it...even my cell phone does the royal da da da da when it's him calling me) but then what does that make me???? A queen, right?

And to think I was crying from 5:30 a.m until 9.00. silly girl.

So, to those visitors coming to the hospital tonite. DON'T. He's coming home. And it started out as a crying day for me. It wouldn't have been pretty. You're spared. Chrissie, they would had to scrape us up off the floor. :)

So far the tests have not revealed anything about his blood. They don't think he has hemo...whatever it was.... They are doing some other tests, but he can come home. His blood now is 10.3, so that last transfusion stuck. The Lord has shown his mercy again.

Well, I must go. I have many things to do to prepare for his arrival.

Your Highness

3 comments:

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

How wonderful. Enjoy your weekend with your King.

chrissie k said...

hey dolly slash gloria ;) or rather, heeeey baby...

i called and left a message on your cell. matt's on his way home and we're expecting to be here until our martina mcbride concert tonight. good country singing always makes me think of uncle jimmy (he introduced me to allison krause... i love that man! he was the KING of good music!)... anyway we've got until 5ish to visit, if you'll have us.

love, love, looooooove YOU.
ck

have i really been spared from being scraped off the floor? i they my mommy has been talking... that dirty bird. i'll get her! uh, crying comes easily in my family as you prolly already have noticed ;)

chrissie k said...

WAS as in the sense of my history - can't be IS 'cause i don't hang out w/ him NEAR as much as i did!