Friday, September 26, 2008

Blood

Hi all:

Jim had a better day today than he did yesterday. It's amazing the transformation. I almost wanted him to boot him in the butt for scaring me.

There are problems however. They are concerned about the blood transfussion that they gave him that disappeared. Today they gave him another 2 units. They also are running some tests for hemolytic anemia, testing his haptoglobin and such. I believe this is something that can be autoimmune where ones own body destroys ones own blood.

I read a bit about it. WHY DO I DO THIS? They talk about removing the spleen, which Jim could not do, and such. I could not really get any clear understanding of the what if's if this is what is going on in Jim. So, I think I will just go to bed. It's 12:14. I was at the hospital another 15 hours today, and I'm beat.

However, I have to mention that my dear husband's spirits and outlook are good. As they have been since day 1 of this, some 15 months ago. What an outstanding man he is. It blows me away to try to wrap my head all around it.

Gloria

No comments: