Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The day

Hi Everyone:

Today was the day we went to talk to the doctor to see the results of the PET scan.

It's been a very hard day.

Jim's tumor is the same size, and still has the same amount of uptake. There is also new tumor near the spine growing with the same amount of uptake.

The Chemo is not working.

The doctor mentioned that he would look to see if there were any clinical trials available for Jim. I think he just wanted to throw us a bone, as I do believe this was hard for him, too. He really likes us. We like him, too. He said that ESHAP is about the strongest weapon they have for Jim's type of cancer. It just didn't work.

I can't even begin to explain how I feel, so I won't.
Just wanted to let you all know this terribly sad news. Pray for us. Pray that I am able to enjoy these possible last days with my dear husband, rather than cry/die through them.

Love from Us

3 comments:

Mary said...

Now, we step back and wait and watch God move!

We are NOT going to stop praying!

ME and I want to visit tomorrow - I'll call before we come...maybe 2nite even.

Love yinz guys so much,
Mary

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

All I can say is, "Aw crap." My heart breaks for you Gloria and our deepest prayers are offered to you.

Just got home from Passavant, I'll email you about Sam. I'm posting tonight, too.

Maddy

Anonymous said...

Hi there! You don't know me but I'm a friend of your sisters. Hope you don't mind me stopping by. She and I go way back as a 'gal pal.' I want you to know that not a day goes by that I don't send prayers and good thoughts your way. I wish I had words of wisdom, but know I'm trying to send you all as much strength as possible. Gentle hugs to you all.
d

http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/