Thursday, August 28, 2008

YIKES!!!

Hi All:

Please pray for Jim. He's not been feeling up to snuff. Today's blood labs were NOT good at all. He's going into the hopt. for another blood transfusion tomorrow, and his neutraphil count is basically non-existent, at 0.10. A good count would be 7.50. So, he's neutropenic and has to watch what he eats and can't be around anyone that's been around sick children, etc. His white blood count is 0.6. (Jim wants me to tell you that the units are x 10 raised to the 6 power per decaleter.) (yeah, hon...okay, whatever you say.) His red blood cells are down, too, that's why he needs the transfusion.

Actually his blood flags say that he has:

Leukopenia
Lymphopenia
Neutropenia
Monocytosis
Anemia
Microcytes
Macrocytes
Thrombocytopenia
Schistocytes
Pancytopenia

I'm not looking them up.

We're not so sure he'll be able to receive his next chemo. His blood keeps getting worse and worse. He's just not bouncing back like he did. The doc says that's eventually what happens, and that's when they stop trying different types of chemo.

With the Budwig diet that he's on, we weren't sure whether he should continue chemo if the PET showed the tumor uptake was gone. You need at least 3 to 4 months for the diet to work. Not sure if Jim's tumor would stay gone that long. But it's in the Lord's hands. It's too big for mine.

It's all so very sad if we dwell on it, which we try not to. So, thanks for your prayers. They must be working.

We love you and appreciate you
Jim and Gloria

3 comments:

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

Hi Gloria:
One of my friends sent me this scripture verse, and now I send it to you as it comforted me:
Psalm 16:8-9 "I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure." I pray that you rest in him.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Jim and Aunt Dolly,
Wow. I keep waiting for the good news! I don't know what people do who don't know the Lord. I have two scriptures for you. Psalm 33:22 "May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." and Psalm 41:3 "The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness." I love you both and pray for you daily.
Love, Judi

John and Leah said...

we're coming to visit!!!! see you soon, mom and dad.

ljb