Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Alternative medicine

Hi Folks:

Well, today we had a doc appt. with a different type of doctor. I won't go into the details, but a 30 days of treatment will only cost 15,000.00. The treatment is extremely high doses of Vitamin C intravenously. So, (you know who you are) are you still buying? LOL. We wouldn't let you even if you could. But let's just say everyone we ever knew wanted to pitch in a dollar. Well, they would have to pitch in 2 dollars because if there is still evidence of disease, we would have to do it all over again, for a total of 2 months. So, that's 30K for no guarantees. But hey, it was a fun day driving on 79 through all the construction...

On another note. Jim goes into the hospital tomorrow for his 4th round of chemo. (We were going to forego this round, but we didn't think the tomatoe stand would raise the 15K we would need for the vitamin C treatment, so we have to go with the poison.) (And I was complaining about the $250.00 copay every time he's in the hopt???)

It's so hard to be here every time. I watch Jim finally get a bit of strength back, only for him to have to go and get poisoned again. Then I get to bring him home only to be "mostly dead all day" ...actually for 2 weeks, and then it starts all over again. Only this time, while we wait, I can play with the dread that I feel from the meetingi with the Stem Cell doc and continue to pray to the God that I love, asking him to heal my Jumbo, all the while knowing, that anyone I have ever prayed for asking for healing has never been healed. So, then I have stupid thoughts like, well, thank goodness "other" people are praying, which only feeds the the stupid "I must be doing something with God wrong" thoughts. And at about day 4 or 5 before Jim comes home, he's worked something out in my heart, and I have a respite and a time of peace. But before I know it, click click click click, I'm going up the hill again.

I hate the roller coaster.

I hope you all are still praying for us.

3 comments:

Judy said...

you know we are praying, and will continue our heartfelt prayers!

k2shine said...

eHey, I'm healed. I'm praying for you both,Johnny & Leah, and Jim's family cause we all love both of you. Show those great cottage pics from this weekend Sister.

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

Gloria... I feel your pain and can relate to your situation. Sick from his chemo poisoning, Sam went to bed at 7:45 pm... it does get lonely. You are in my prayers.
Don't be discouraged. You said that "anyone I have ever prayed for asking for healing has never been healed." While God may not cure the body, he does heal the heart and helps us to see how much we need him. Hang on. Email me if I can help in any way. Maddy