Thursday, August 7, 2008

Why I love Jim Baldauff

When Jim and I were dating, we each made a "why I love...." list. Several months I updated it. I thought I would share this with friends and family. I'm not sure why. I guess I just want everyone to know how wonderful he is to me and then you'll know how much I need him and keep on praying.

An ongoing, never ending list of:

The Reasons I love Jim Baldauff

Because he put up a swimming pool for me
Because he put up a swimming pool for me
Because he is gentle
Because he serves me
Because he likes my singing voice
Because I love his singing voice
Because he’s a great father
Because he sharpens my knives
Because he built me a greenhouse
Because he put the most perfect path in the greenhouse, despite my hurry
Because he loves to go to Disney with me and sings “might as well show us your…”
Because he likes my gardens
Because he is good at his job
Because he really did love Ruby
Because he would do anything for me
Because he rubs my feet…
Because I just do
Because he is smart
Because he is kind
Because he is mine
Because he built me a cottage and he didn’t even know me yet
Because he built me raised beds for my gardens
Because he stole a fern for me
Because I wouldn’t know how to not love him
Because he’s a growing Christian
Because the Lord wanted me to love him
Because he Loves God and seeks him
Because he doesn’t hold it against me that I’m lousy at loving him and meeting his needs
Because he buys me mangos that I love
Because he doesn’t get mad at me when I don’t east those same mangos (confuses me too)
Because after a year of sickness he’s never taken 1 tantrum or hissy fit, or pity party
Because through that he’s showing me a depth of character that I could only pray I obtain
Because he rubs my feet
Because he’s a good kisser
Because he cuts pineapple perfectly
Watermelon, too
Because he bought me a bike when I didn’t even know I wanted one, and I love it
Because he still loves the way I say Peeparoo and would buy them for me at the drop of a hat
Because he bought me a basket for my bike even though it’s a silly girl thing to do
Because the silly girl things I do make him smile
Because he trusted me when I said buying a golf cart for the cottage would be great.
Because he bought that golf cart even though he still thinks I’m nuts
Because he loves to go for rides on the golf cart with me.
Because he bought me an Emerald cut engagement ring, even though he didn’t like it
Because as he looked for a ring, he grew to love Emerald cut diamonds (a special breed of people only do, you know)
Because he is special
Because he loves God
Because he loves God enough to change
Because he’s a great cook
Because he smiles at me
Because he went bald with dignity
Because he looks good bald…well I think he looks good any old way
Because he thinks I’m special even when I’m not
Because he’s soooooo quick to forgive
Because he’s a better person than I am and still loves me
Did I mention that he really did love Ruby?
Because he has shown me Jesus’ love
Because he needs me
Because I want to love him
Because he’s easy to love
Because he thinks I’m amazing
Because he is a servant like Jesus
Because I beat him at ping pong and was amazed “even at that”
Because he loves me like crazy
Because he’s funny when he doesn’t try to be and is perplexed at what is funny
Because he’s NOT funny when he tries to be and is perplexed that I don’t think he’s hilarious
Because he lets me talk funny when I rub his head
Because he loves me
Did I mention that he rubs my feet? Well…he even buys me special cream for them because I garden in my bare feet sometime and it’s not pretty…and this cream makes them pretty
Because even with the cancer returned, he put a hose bib in, which required 40 feet of copper pipe being place through a ceiling, going through the rafters, soldering, etc. so that I wouldn’t have to drag a hose around the yard anymore.
Because he forgives me of my selfishness that even with his cancer returned I can still tend to think of poor poor Dolly and what she has to go through
Because he’s a great fisher
Because he puts my hellgrammites on the hook
Because he taught me how to make jigs to catch walleye
Because he loves it when I catch more fish than him and bigger fish than him.
Because when he’s the catcher of more or bigger fish, he doesn’t gloat like I do
Because he doesn’t care that I’m not a girly girl with pretty nails and all that. THANK YOU JESUS CAUSE THAT BORES ME TO TEARS
Because he loves me with all my imperfections
Because he is so smart that it amazes me
Because even while he’s in the hospital getting chemo, I plop my feet up, and he rubs them.
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON THAT I LOVE JIM BALDAUFF IS:

Because Jim is the best friend I have ever had or will ever have in the whole wide world. We are best buddies.

6 comments:

John Baldauff said...

Thanks for making me cry mom...

John and Leah said...

me too, mom. way to go...

Anonymous said...

I am actually responding to the previous blog entry about the ending of hope.

Our hearts are with you and we continue to pray.

I know from experience that one thing you have to deal with when you are sick is the silly suggestions that people make. I have refrained from saying anything as long as you were being given hope. Now I have a suggestion.

If someone has already suggested that you look at the Burzynski Clinic in Houston then I apologize for adding to your burden. If no one has, then this is something you should do. They are healing some very difficult cancers. There is more hope here than in any place I know of except in Jesus.

http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/

In Christ's love, David Johnston

Unknown said...

your amazing - both of you! what an encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Нoωdy! Thiѕ post could not be written much
better! Reading through thіѕ post гeminds me of my prеvious
roommate! He аlways kept talking about this. I am gοing to sеnd
thiѕ post to hіm. Pretty sure he will have a
good reаԁ. Thank you for sharіng!


Take а lοoκ at my webѕite :
: organic potting soil

Anonymous said...

I reаlly like looking through an artісle that will make mеn anԁ women think.
Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment!

My webpage - losing weight after 50