Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just because you asked Gaz. :)

When Jim left the NIH, they were contacting a rehab here in Pgh for a comprehensive total package that might help Jim.  They referred him to this doc we seen last week.

They said it would be a place for Jim to get his head tweaked to see if they could talk his brain into not feeling any pain...I don't know what you call it.  He could also get some physical therapy, braces if needed, accupuncture, heat, ice, massage, who knows what.

So he meets with a doc who wants to give Jim a different pain med that is in the same family.  He suggests a caudal shot, but Jim's on coumadin and has low platelets.  Accupuncture isn't covered by our insurance, so we can't afford that.  But the bottom line is once again there is no help for Jim. This doc said that Harmarville doesn't even have a program like NIH wanted Jim in.  There isn't one in Pittsburgh, and if there was, our insurance wouldn't cover it, so....

In the meantime, our country is going to pot.  We might not get our disability SSI because of this debt crisis.  And yet I would rather not get paid, than them raise the debt ceiling.  Remind me that I said that if I don't get our SSI and our mortage is due.  :)  I do have to say them calling our Social Security an "entitlement" has me a bit angry.  We usually get ours on the Wednesday at the end of the month, since it's disability ssi, so we shall see if it gets deposited.

How's Australia doing?  I guess I should have e-mailed you, but I don't have your address on my laptop.  I cut the grass today and pushed myself and got heat exhaustion, so Jim was taking care of me today.  I'm getting to old for this crap.  :)  I"m actually thankful that I'm strong, but I can't work in the heat/sun anymore.  Kind of hard for a gardener.

We may actually go to our cottage tomorrow.  But we're really scared  We're afraid it will be like home, Jim in pain and me working and Jim wishing he could be working, and me wishing he could be too. 

Geeze Gaz, I don't know how to make this blog sound upbeat anymore.  I don't want to bellyache, but if I tell you (and others) what's going on, it involves a lot of hard stuff.  I don't want to always sound so negative, but I'm not sure how to say what is going on in our lives without it sounding negative, or like we're complaining, or we don't have anything to be thankful for, because we do.  But it would be silly to sign on here and talk about how thankful I am for my swimming pool...until I have to open it, close it, or clean it.  LOL.  Ok, I quit.

K, nighty nite.  Bedtime for me.

Regards,  my friend.  Jim says, "sup mate."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

G&J

Always tell it like it is.

I feel so helpless but I read every word. Do you mean to say nobody put their name down to do the grass cutting? Don't your Friends & Rellies understand that even Superwoman has her limitations?

US Debt Crisis ....... unless commonsense prevails in raising the levels, we (that's most of the world) goes down with you .........the US would become a puppet of China and a whole new world order would be created. OZ may survive because China relies heavily on our energy resources. Not only will Washington not be able to pay citizens' benefits. the army of bureaucrats will also not get any salaries.

You need to send a fax letter to the NIH to spell out the realities.

I'll send you my e-mail.

Love to ya's All

Gazza Bluegum

Anonymous said...

Gloria & Jim>

Big Weekend - Sean & Racheal's wedding yesterday (Sat 30th) at Stones of the Yarra Valley. I'm in recovery mode still ..... know how you feel although I didn't have heat exhaustion.

http://www.stonesoftheyarravalley.com/pages/gallery.htm

Should I or shouldn't I tell you the wedding menu ....... OK I will :

1st Mezze
Caramalised slow cooked pork belly and mustard fruit
Australian tiger prawns Feuilles de brique, smokey eggplant puree, endive,walnut and green beans
Smoked quail, pear,watercress and hazelnuts with honey whiskey dressing
2nd Mezze
Roast of beef sirloin cooked medium on warm grain salad with currants and seeded mustard sauce.
Yarra Valley pasta's ricotta & spinach ravioli in rich tomato sugo, with shaved parmesan and basil
Served with sides of rocket, pear, pecorino and hazelnut salad
Roasted winter vegetables with thyme and flake salt
Canape desserts
Rosewater panna cotta in a chocolate casing
Mousse filled baby pears with hazelnut praline with choclate marbling

Now that should get your mind off NIH & Pgh's non-rehab.

Weather was OK ..... cloudy but no rain and a reasonable 16C.Will catch up this afternoon with my brother, his wife & son before they head back to Qld tomorrow ... Sue & I had her sister staying here + daughter Mietta.

One of my groupies - Mary in Idaho - had her daughter Caitlin's wedding (Sat too) ...... Mary's husband has finished his first round of chemo & rad for lymphoma ... very difficult for them as they live in the wild hills where I imagine the buffalo & bear roam !!

Think about you Both Heaps !

Bluegum Echnida

Unknown said...

I e-mailed you Gaz.

Anonymous said...

Gloria>

I say close down this Blog because it's clear that your friends and rellies don't care about you anylonger. Sad for me. I don't think it's fair to put others thru the trauma of sharing your pain.

Surgeries, diseases, adverse health conditions and outcomes are only meant to last a few weeks. Jim's not being fair having not been fixed up yet. Yiz all know that, right! Take me for instance, I've managed to stretch out my health condition for 7 years so far - incredible eh - when ya one in 300,000 wouldn't ya think they'd get a cure for me in 7 years !

By keeping up the periodic reports of Jim's progress and at times lack of progress, it's somewhat cruel to encumber people with the difficulties of your lives as they have their own agenda to fulfil.

Join the crowd and put yourselves First.

Were you serious about the move to Montana?

Billabong Gaz

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Check out this link when you have a chance. It's about a hymn that you've probably heard many times before (It Is Well With My Soul).

I hope that you find it encouraging:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Is_Well_with_My_Soul

Love,
JB JR

Anonymous said...

HI Guys, Much love to You tonight. Joe and I were so glad to hear Jim say he is feeling a little better. I'm so glad You had a good time at Cherry Grove. You are always in our hearts and prayers. Love, MJB- I'll call tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Thinking of You tonight. It's almost time for bed. I'm glad Jesus is staying awake and "ever interceding for us" . We are making some progress on the bathroom. Dan and Joe worked a 13 hour day getting the tile on the walls. There's still a ton to do but after 3 yrs. of this project-pleez!! Dolly, I'm hoping to see You on Wed. when Junie and I get together. Let's do lunch. I'll call tomorrow. Love, MJB

Anonymous said...

Dol, please talk to Jim and pray for my neighbor,Judy with als. she can't breathe right the last couple days. Her nurses gave her morphine. I know Jim can empathize with the breathing issues. Pray Jesus will be real to her. Love, MJ-see ya tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I have found the story of Joseph to be very encouraging as of late (found in Genesis chapters 37 - 50).

Joseph's comment to his brothers is Genesis 50:20 "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."

Also, I find tremendous hope in the story of Elisabeth Elliot and the other missionaries who were killed in the 1950's. God has used this story to feed a multitude of believers over decades.

What I like about both of these stories is that they show that amidst horrible situations, our God is in control, and he can always be trusted to work things for the good of those who love him, who are called according to his purposes (Romans 8:28).

Paul says in 2 Corinthians 4 "16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

Praying that God will renew your hearts day by day amidst this suffering.

Love you guys,
JB JR.

Anonymous said...

When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow;
For I will be with thee, thy trials to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.

When through fiery trials they pathway shall lie,
My grace all-sufficient shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.

John Rippon - 1787