Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jim's home

Well, Jim's home. Oh, I said that. Thanks for the prayers and the laughs from your reply to my post.

Jim is now off the heparin (you can breathe now Gaz) and on cumadin(sp?). He might have to be on it forever. Oh happy happy joy joy. And the nurses are coming twice a week to test his level. Happy Happy joy joy. They are a pain in the ( Y ) They come different times, they smell like cigarettes. One is good at taking blood, another will try 3 times. Sigh. Hopefully it's not for another 6 weeks worth. They mess with my.....schedule? No. They mess with me trying to have a schedule. JIM IS THE ONE messing with the schedule.

He shouldn't have come home, but he couldn't get any sleep. And he was waking up shivering and couldn't breathe. He scared the heck out of the nurses. So Jim's diagnosis is that he's not getting enough sleep, so he came home. Well, it happened to him again this morning here at home. He got up, went to the bathroom and started shivering like crazy and then couldn't breath. No, I wasn't scared. Nothing scares me anymore. In fact, I was home myself for the week, and went to bed with the door unlocked and didn't care enough to get up to lock it. Now that is crazy, cause before, I would have been very scared. Nothing moves me anymore.

So, there it is. ????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still sleep with a light on in the hallway.

My psychiatric team have suggested it is because of some recessed trauma in my childhood.

Jim - at least you get to the bathroom and shiver. At my age I get to the bathroom and have to ask Sue what I'm there for.

Gloria - our Metro network has a schedule but may as well not have a schedule. The former French management company never ran to schedule. The new replacement managers from Hong Kong surprisingly run to schedule even less so. Where's Amtrak when you need them?

As for leaving doors open ... happens here too. Sometimes I get outta bed in the morning, see the doors open and I figure Sue's gone out sleep walking.

There's nothing wrong with me. I repeat that all day.

Love & Prayers from

Gaz of the Recherche Brigade

mary jo said...

Hi guys, We're glad you're home. Even with the shivering/breathing it has to be more restful. we love You . Joe &MJ

Anonymous said...

For coumadin read warfarin, the anticoagulant.

I was just reading a group message from Tony in Tucson (AZ). He has been put on coumadin for DVT's post his ureterolysis.

Coumadin was originally used as a pesticide for rats & mice.

PS. Be suspicious of any cravings for cheese !

Gaz

Anonymous said...

G & J >

Wots happening ? I do hope sleep & breathing has settled for you Jim

Was it a special mothers Day, Gloria ?

Where is everyone ... apart from Mary Jo, Joe & young Gazza ?

Gaz