Sunday, February 27, 2011

home from the NIH...and Passavant

Hi Everyone:

We are home. It kind of was a funny trip. I took Jim...or should I say, he took me. He ended up driving, I ended up sleeping. My ID was expired, and I had to go through customs again. And then my driving license is expired. They didn't catch it though. Was glad. But it made me think twice about their "very strict" security. Your almost stripped searched and yet I can get through with an expired driver's license. Maybe Mr. President doesn't have a birth certificate after all. Hmmmm.

Anyway, the PET SCAN IS CLEAR....Nothing showing up. Still cancer free. Jim was a bit worried with the extra pain, but I think it was just a clear case of scanaphobia. Anyway, praise the Lord.

I enjoyed reading your responses to the blog. Thanks for them.

We are also home from Passavant. Jim's CK numbers are up pretty high. (found that out at the NIH.) That can be heart or it can be muscle problems. He has been having tons of muscle spasms, anyway, they told Jim to check it out with the doc at home. normal is 20 to 70, and his is 780. Yesterday he was having chest pain, and he broke out in a sweat again. That's been happening lately, too. So off to the hospital to make sure the heart was okay. And his enzymes were still up, but the EKG was okay, so, they released him.

Jim's pain is still doing good. Pain level 6 feels great after a level 10, but after 2 weeks, a 6 is still a 6, and Jim still needs more comfort, but so far this is where the Lord has him, so that's what we are going with.

I'm tired. Going back to bed for the 3rd time this morning. Going to St. Mattress this sunday with Jim.

Love to you all

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for the clear PET scan!

See you in the AM,
K

Anonymous said...

Jim & Gloria

I struggled with "passavant", initially thinking you'd been to a swanky restaurant and then I thought maybe a Jewish center - something to do with the Passover.

As the Google Machine warmed to my agitated hands, up popped the Passavant Hospital ... a solution at last along my journey in American education.


ooooh the serum CK is at astro levels ... what is the treatment approach on that ? I looked back and saw that mine only reached a 230 level.

Thanks to "the" machine, I found the meaning of St Mattress. Very clever lot, aren't you !

I'm taking a break from poetry and song lyrics ... was that a sigh I heard ?

Zooky said : "I knew a convicted killer once. One day he was very calm, the next day he
was high strung."

Warm Hugs All >

Gaz

Unknown said...

Amen, K.

Gaz....YOU'RE THE BEST.

I LOVE AUSTRAILIANS, OR AT LEAST YOU. :)

We went to a swanky hospital. hows about that???