Friday, January 7, 2011

Lord have mercy

Well, it was a tough night for Jim. They started him out at a very little dose and titrated him up 3 levels, which is still a small dose in some ways. He was very agitated. They moved him because they needed a bed, which agitated him more. I called this morn, but the nurse was vague and nasty. I'm getting ready to go over. When I spoke to him early, he couldn't talk because he was confused. June is over there and says that Jim's pain is slightly less, but he is seeing 3 of her, and is seeing monsters. So he is hallucinating, and I have no idea, as of now, what this all means. But at least he can talk to her.

So for 3.8 years now I have been giving thanks in all circumstances (when I can remember to, or when I'm not groaning to our Lord, crying to our Lord, when I'm not exhausted or too depressed). So, I'm just going to openly thank the Lord for this circumstance because it helps me to know how good He is and how loving He is, and how in the midst of all of this He is working in our lives for good, even if it's a good we will never understand on this side of heaven. I need to remember the truths of who He is and what His word says about Him so that I don't go by my feelings. You all are welcomed to continue to remind me of this when I fall. So. Thank you Abba.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for updating!!! We are praying!!!!

Love,
T&J

Anonymous said...

I just got back from being with my dear mom to the doctor's office. You are much in our thoughts. My sweet 84 yr. old mom calls me to ask how is Jim during the last few days. We all care and none of us understand but we join You in praise of Him who made Jim. Like Paul and Silas all we can do is sing out in our chains against the night . We know He hears. We are with You. Love, MJB&JB