Sunday, January 16, 2011

But God...

I'm not one for favorites. I can never pick. So, I don't have a favorite bible verse, but I do have two favorite words in the Bible. But God... I just love "But God." I've done a bible search alone for these words. It's amazing. Try it. Or perhaps, I can share mine. Anyway...

Jim is home. It didn't go well. I went to pick him up yesterday and he was writhing in pain. Our former Pastor Bob was there visiting, and he was such a support for us. I could tell it was hard for him though, too. He's so dear.

So, instead of releasing Jim, they decided to keep him, because it was obvious that he was in so much pain, so they cancelled the release of the prisoner so that I could go today to talk to the Doctors. Only problem is, it's a Sunday and his docs weren't in, and Jim was anxious and 3 hours later I brought him home. Joe and MJ came over with dinner (thank you so much guys, that was such a HUGE blessing) and Jim is comfortable.

There was a period yesterday were I was dying inside. Please please please someone do something. Anyone, do something. I wanted to call all friends...opps, don't have any. I wanted to call family and say please. I had already talked to Abba, and well, he was pretty silent and so...I don't know. I even asked the doctor about morphine pump for Jim, knowing that it would slow his organs down and he would die. It was almost like I wanted to put him to sleep because I couldn't stand it anymore. I drove home numb. Jim got out of the van at traffic lights. He can't sit. Sitting kills him. My heart has been skipping beats again, and the anxiety is max. So, I thought Jim would die, I would die, and the night would be horrible... But God....
and it turned out okay. Even the Steelers won, despite me missing much of the game.

So, I'm off to get prescriptions filled. 5 of them. Probably some more meds that we'll pay for and not use. sigh...

But hey, really. Pray Hard. I am making it through the day minute by minute. In fact, Jim just opened the door, and I jumped out of my seat. I am that fried. Thanks.

And I haven't heard from my friend Gary from Australia. I sure hope he's okay. Pray for his safety. He's such a dear heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gloria,

How's your driveway? Do you need some extra shoveling? Lar has tomorrow off and could take care of that if it needs it. I'm so sorry...I hope some of the meds are helping Jim...continuing to pray. Can't sleep tonight, so maybe that's what I'm supposed to do...off to get my Bible and get to it.

K

Unknown said...

thanks K