Wednesday, August 4, 2010

GVHD of the body

Well, we're still home. I just couldn't go. I just couldn't do it. I feel like I still can't. I just can't handle it anymore.

We may have to go down tomorrow or Friday. They want to bio Jim's stomach. They think he has cGVHD of the gut. I have been concerned about this for 3 months, but no one would listen to me. Not even Jim. I hope it's not that. If so, it's possible that it can even get worse. IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE??????

NO, I DON'T THINK IT IS.

It's amazing that most of our discussions are about heaven. God has made it so real to us. We no longer talk about a trip out west or whatever. We talk about heaven.

I know I posted this before, so this is for me again to remember, but 2 Corinthians 4:7-18 says we have this tresure in jars of clay to show that this....

So, while we are hard-pressed, perplexed, persecuted, struck down and carry around in our body the death of Jesus, and we outwardly are wasting away, we have troubles and out eyes have a tendency to stay stuck in seeing what is in front of us,

God still empowers us to handle this life(well, usually, just not fully this week)
we are not crushed
not in despair (well, not all the time, anyway)
are not abandoned (well, by many people, yes, but not by God)
and are not destroyed
we hope "the life of Jesus is revealed in our body"
inwardly we are renewed daily (well, that needs tweaking)
these troubles are light and momentary (long moment tho)

WE HAVE TO FIX OUR EYES ON WHAT IS NOT SEEN --heaven--

and here is my fave part of it

"Our troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that outweighs these troubles."

Thank you Jesus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can one of Jim’s brothers go or can someone go with you to support you both? Is there anyone in the family that could possibly step in?
KF

Anonymous said...

I second KF...

praying for you both...

Love you,
K