Thursday, June 3, 2010

Admitting Jim

Hi Everyone:

GREAT NEWS...Jim's PET scan is negative. So the cancer is NOT back.

NOT so great news... Jim had to have another CT scan. After telling them about the past 3 months and Jim's new COPD Diagnosis, their antennae went up. They are admitting Jim into the NIH because he may have a very very severe infection of the lungs that people with compromised immune systems, people who have stem cell transplant, get. In fact we want him to have this infection. This would be good. Because they can treat that. The other thing is could be is that he had developed GVHD of the lungs. THAT is not good at all. So please pray that this is an infection and not GVHD of the lungs.

I am at the Hilton for a night and then they are putting me up at the lodge for 2 nights and then I'm not sure where I'll have to go, so pray for me for energy, too, because my bronchitis or whatever it is that I have is not over and I'm really tired.

Thanks family and friends. My poor dear Jim. He says, "I'm not poor, Honey, but I am dear." I can't help but love that man.

Dolly

2 comments: