Friday, April 30, 2010

Sore

Well, I had to have an emergency root canal today. 5 days before Israel. And it's 5:20, and I've been up since 2:30. So, that ought to tell you how I feel.

The endodontist didn't understand what I meant when I said, "I'm not that very numb." Jim heard me screaming from the other room, and that about drove him nuts.

To top things off, I have to go to my dentist tomorrow to put in a regular filling, because the temporary filling they put in me probably won't last through Israel...only to have to come home and have them take out the regular filling so I can be fit for a crown. And tomorrow's shot, drilling and filling is going to enflame my mouth even more.

I truly am starting to believe that nobody else's life plays out like this. I'm not quite sure what makes us so tasty to satan, but boy oh boy, you can bet I am soooooooooooooooooooo going to enjoy the day I reign with my Lord and I get to sit and judge angels. (Hebrews) THE ROOT CANAL DEVIL IS THE FIRST TO GO DOWN...Well, no. Maybe the cancer one, first and then him. You may win the battle pal, but you ain't winning the war.

I can't yawn, even. It hurts.

3 comments:

Judy said...

you poor baby, I'm praying for you!

mary jo said...

I wanted to call to wish You bon voyage but after hearing about the dental work decided not to . Make sure You take a million pix because I expect to be invited to see them and hear all about your adventures sometime in the next month after You return. You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers and I would love to be going with You but it's not God's will for me this time. Joe is leaving on a short trip to Poland tomorrow and home Fri. am. Nathan is going to be in Pgh. all week so I'm looking forward to having him here with me overnight. Jess is done with school for a month before she resumes her master's degree studies(special ed.) for the summer. Yeah!! I'm sure we'll do some fun stuff together this week. Danny is facing final exams at Grove City this week and he'll be home around the 12th for the summer. God blessed him with an internship (elec. engin.) with my bro. Den's company SKC. in 84 Pa. so he'll be local and living with us. I'm glad cos I'm not ready to give him up yet even for the summer. We are good and I pray You are too. I can't even imagine the excitement. I shared Jim's story with my sweet neighbor,Judy, who has Lou Gherig's disease. It blessed her. Pray for her , she is bedridden with a feeding tube. Pray for her (about 48 yrs. young)Love,MJB

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys. :) Let's DO have fun this summer. Mucho funno.