Thursday, July 2, 2009

rumblings

Before I begin, allow me to state 2 things.

1. I know some of you readers have some very tough things to go through as well.
2. I know that there are many people in the world that have it far worse off than I do.

I just wanted to mention that because those facts often doesn't leave my mind as I bellyache. I just wanted you to know that; otherwise all of this can sound like a "woe is me, I have it the worse in the world" kind of thing. I know that's not true. Yet, I need to vent.

What I also know is that we, us, them...none of us were made for the fallen parts of this world, of our lives, but as God uses this broken down world and broen down vessel, we are transformed, and sometimes the others are, through us. But I digress. Allow me to B I T _ _.

Well, first, Jim is at the doctors. Yep, drove himself. I hope he's okay. Not sure if he should be driving on methadone, but I was recovering from a "nervous breakdown" from yestereday and found myself in bed at 12:00 noon playing Plants versus Zombies. Real mature, huh?

Long story short (LSS). We have water problems in the basement that we are trying to address. We rented a machine that would scrape the paint off the cement basement. LLS, it took 3 times longer than expected, 3 times messier, and LLS, I just don't want to do men's work anymore. Mark helped us for 10 hours. We all had masks on. Jim wouldn't go upstairs away from the mess...Oh, it was a mess. So, I cried all night. And Jim is supposed to be in a stress-free environment. That is best for his GVHD. But we have to get the mold, or that will get him. Blah Blah Blah.

And, last but not least. My new neighbors who moved in a year ago, have decided to cut down the large hedge of forsythia that separated us. It's almost all gone. I've been telling the Lord for 2 years, not my will, but yours, God. So, does this include the new neighbord? Couldn't I have a break? Couldn't it involve the neighbor on the right? Didn't I move away from the City? Here's the problem. I call her "the lawn ornament queen." Yep. Now, I get to see her 20 little flags all over the yard. Her plastic table and chairs. her silk flowers in flower pots that bloom all winter. Her fake Christmas trees that she has in the yard like they are real. Her dressed up goose. Her plastic signs. Her whirligigs (well, I like whirlygigs..1 or 2)Her...Oh, I'm sure there is a flamingo in there somewhere. They have fires every weekend, which blow our way (I like the smell, but it's not good for Jim, so he's in the bedroom with the air filters.) And last but not leave, I can now more clearly hear Journey, Pat Benitar, Kansas, Rolling Stones, and every other song from an era that I would rather forget, thank you. I guess me and Jim will NOT be skinnydipping until we get a fence.

But let me guess, to get one will require me WORKING LIKE A MAN AGAIN, or....12 thousand dollars...just like the air conditioner, the new furnace, the driveway repair, the step repairs. Why is everything 12 thousand dollars? I need about 5-12 thousands dollars.

Well, Jim is home. But he's sitting in the truck. He's probably tired. He read something about this vitamin stuff that can help with neuropathy, and we bought some online. I hope we didn't get taken again, with another cure all.

Okay, I'm done. I'm going to go do something christiany now, like smile at the neighbor and her plastic duck.

:)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh man I hate those ducks... my mom actually had one for awhile... but mysteriously... it disappeared!! ;)

Very encouraging to read about Uncle Jim being out and about on his own... it has to be very good for him to have the confidence and ability, and for you to have the little break.

Mold is terrible and so bad for anyone, hopefully the rest of the process goes much faster.

Maybe if the weather lets up... your neighbor will go somewhere ELSE for 4th of July, and you guys can go skinny-dipping. :)

Anonymous said...

I hate those ducks too. To add insult to injury, the place where they took down the forsythias used to block their smoke from their fires they have 2 or 3 times a week. Last night, we had to get the air cleaner because Jim couldn't breathe. I don't know what I'm going to do.

You are right about mold. How are things with your new house?

Too cold for skinny dipping. :)