Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I hate satan

With me feeling under the weather and to keep it simple, Jim, all by himself, drove 1/2 mile up the road and picked up hoagies. When the gentleman went to pick up the peppers with his hand, Jim asked him to use gloves. He told the guy he had just had a STC and needed to do everything to watch for germs, etc. And this guy says, "I had a bone marrow transplant, too, 27 years ago. He had complications and skin cancer and some other things, but now he was taking care of his 87 year oldmother. As we were eating, I felt bad that Jim had to drive up there, but he felt it was an appointment that he was supposed to make. So that was cool. It was very encouraging for Jim. They didn't go into details, but it was just encouraging.

So, a bit later I searched the web, searching for info on stem cell transplant, 4 months later. I found a report/study from the NIH about coping after SCT. My stomach hit the floor and I literally almost got ill. It was so darn scary. I was going to post the link here so that you could read it, but then I thought why....why should.....

But now I'm okay. Not great, but okay. So, that's good. Today I talked with a counselor from the Bone Marrow Transplant Society. She feels that I may have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. That was something I had said to Jim about a week ago. But as Jim said. That is something that is supposed to happen "after" the stress..."post" being the key word. I agreed, but there is no "post" cause it just keeps on going. So, I think I'm going to start some new illness like INSSD (It Never stops stress disorder). I have some new unnamed disorder, or I would have come up with some clever anagram or whatever they are called. Something like "POOPED" People Obviously Overwrought-Probably Exhausted Disorder. HEY, I LIKE THAT.

Pray for us while we travel. We both are pretty POOPED.

Come Lord Jesus. Tarry no longer.

Us

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I was thinking about ptsd and thought you might have it. I think I did for awhile. I would highly advise getting some medication. There's no reason suffering through it like I did.

I love you and hate satan too!

all my love

Rach