Saturday, May 2, 2009

Update

Hi Everyone:

Jim is doing pretty well. His rib is healing. He continues to get stronger. He's eating better. And how about this. AFTER MORE THAN A YEAR, he's driving again. Kinda scary to me, but really great for him.

I talked to the doctors about the transplant and the 100 percent and the B-cell and T-cell stuff. I didn't really expect to get too much information out of them but at least I did get this. They said that they have a bit more success rate with T-cell cancers (which is what Jim's is) than the B cell cancers. So, while the cancer could come back tomorrow, next month, next year or never, at least I got something reassuring out of the docs.

Gotta run. The kids are becking at the door.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I am glad you have gotten some more good news. I can only imagine how fried you must both be. Don't be surprised by how numb you must feel. You have kind of been to "h" "e " double hockey sticks and back and that is one exhausting trip. I will keep praying.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

When we called we were so surprise to hear Jim was driving. WE TOLD EVERYONE!! I think Mark really meant drive home when he said that to you guys. I will continue prayers for strength and good rest for you both.

love to you Sister and JimBob!

Bonny Fox said...

What a blessing to have some kind of reprieve at least...we are really praying for a COMPLETE healing for Uncle Jim, and for you Aunt Dolly, that the Lord would touch your body as well. There are going to be great treasures in heaven for you!!! For when you have done it unto even the least of these, you have done it unto Him!!!

Mary said...

Whooooaaaaaa!

Driving!?

Jake's driving also...

It's all so mind boggling!

When ya comin' home, [friend] - I don't don't when, but we'll get together then...ya...you know we'll have a good time then.

That song just popped into my head...thot I'd share. Did it get stuck in your heads?

Love you much!

Mare

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria and Jim,

We are awaiting another post from you with, we pray, continued news of healing. We were praising God for the good news to date.

We are in Richmond through Friday looking at houses.

Love,
Amy (for the Smiths)