Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Still no surgery

Hi Everyone:

Well, there is still no surgery. So...

Also, still no GVHD. So....

Finally Jim got to talk to the lead principal in his study, and this doctor (who is wonderful) (T&J, it's the man that Zetta works for. You know how wonderful she is...well, he's 10 times more so, imagine that.) Anyway, I wanted Jim to ask about this:

As I mentioned before, you want some GVHD because it means the new immune system is taking over, and that GVTE (graft versus tumor effect) is happening. What I didn't understand was, how could there be graft versus tumor, if there isn't any tumor, and if Jim isn't having GVHD, does that mean Bob's immune system isn't working for him. And they are taking JIm off the one med which protects from GVHD, what about that... So, here's what he said.

Many people have SCTs that are effective and never have a hint of GVHD. PRAISE THE LORD FOR THAT.!!!!!!!!!! Jim can't get GVTE because HE DOESN'T HAVE A TUMOR...PRAISE THE LORD FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!! They think Jim is doing "wonderful." PRAISE THE LORD FOR THAT!!!!!!!!! And the other medicine that Jim is getting, can alone keep the GVHD at bay, despite taking the other medicine off of him. PRAISE THE LORD FOR THAT.!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they think that Jim's probably 50 to 80 percent engrafted with Bob's immune system. PRAISE THE LORD FOR THAT!!!!!!!! Which means, Jim is starting to look like Bob, sound like Bob. It won't be long before Jim signs his name on the deed for Bob's boat and cottage on the lake. Bob, very soon you can just direct deposit your pay into Jim's account. And this also means that we get Carol, too. I've always said I needed a wife, someone to take care of me, like I take care of Jim. This is getting too exciting. I'm already living with your son and daughter, and trying to spoil your grandchildren. Imagine when Jim's 100 percent engrafted. ;)

Yeah, there are still those minutes, hours, days of chaos and problems, and we are tired and worn out, but the big issues THE BIG ISSUES, right now are PERFECTLY ALIGNED. It makes the other issues doable. And yeah, everything can change in a heart beat, but I wanted to at least tell all of you all of this because it's really heading in the right direction, and that is very goodly.

6 comments:

k2shine said...

talk about spreading the good news.

I can't wait to see your new home away from home. I know you're si busy getting it all scrubbed germ free and homey for when Jim gets released from NHI. Glad you enjoyed your new bed Sister, and I'm sure Jim will too. Send me pics don't forget.

You both are so amazing to me.

Jim, how's the laps doing. Update?

I miss you both so much.

Should we start calling Jim, Bob? LOL!! How is Bob? he getting back to his old stronge self? I've been praying so for that.

God Bless You all!

Anonymous said...

OHHH What a good hump day! So glad to hear the good news, it's windy and yucky and gray here in Pittsburgh... you just brightened my whole day! Yay!!! :-)

Judy said...

Praise God, He is such an Awesome Father!!! And we will continue praying and thanking God for His Love.

Love,
Judy

Sam and Maddy Karpiak said...

I kept holding my breath waiting for the "not so great news" and Wham! There was none. I'm so happy to read your blog entry.

PRAISE GOD, INDEED!

John and Leah said...

so, you'll ride bikes with us, then?

you know you want a sore butt again so you can empathize with dad.

Anonymous said...

God is amazing!! Thank you for the good news! We're praying for you guys and looking forward to seeing you again - hopefully soon. Give Uncle Jim a kiss for me?

I love you both so very much.
Mary (and John)