Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 12 continued



Hi Everyone:


Well, I think it's a false alarm on that GVHD "spot" that Jim saw.



Here is a picture of someone with GVHD of the skin.




Here is a picture of Jim's "spot."







For those of you who don't know, my husband did research prior to his illness. He always said that he has great skill in observing the smallest details. Well..., I concur. He sure does. I don't think it's GVHD, but I'll tell you one thing, if it is the start of it, Jim will be on top of it, letting the docs know of any subtle change. I don't think there is anything they can do to stop it. I think they can take prednisone to help with itch and such. I don't have to worry about Jim not catching it early, that's for sure.
Okay, that scare is over.
As I was saying. It's day 12. In 2 days, it will be day 14. That is the day that Jim will get his "booster" transfusion of more of Bob's cells. The Principal Research Doctor was here today and he thinks Jim is doing well. He said he wouldn't be surprised if Jim is 50 to 80 percent grafted already. That means Bob's immune system is over taking Jim's 50 to 80 percent. 50 would be great. 80 would be outstanding. They test in 2 days to see how far he has come. I will let you know. It's exciting to get the booster cells, too. To make it to "booster" without any problems is very cool.
The surgeon was in today, and they examined Jim's bottom and they say that he's doing well, and Jim is doing a good job taking care of it. It's causing him lots of pain though. They don't want to do anything until after the booster. They will then put him under twilight and go on in and look to see what is happening and such. They said that they wouldn't be surprised if Jim would go home some time next week. But they aren't part of his team, so we can't go by what they say. They scared Jim big time. Understandably, considering he can barely walk....except when there is a contest, of course, and Jim refuses to be last. :)
Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the terrifying picture! I thought it was JIM! SO thankful that it wasn't. Hey, I love you. I wrote you a long letter so I won't gab here too. love you bunches. I'm still trying to catch my breat from that picture. ugh!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Rach. Not my intention. I'll go read your e-mail.

Anonymous said...

SISTER, in big letters put NOT JIM'S LEGS first, sheshhhhhh dispite that makes me wanna pray for whoever legs they were.

JIM, you keep an eye on your spot.

Everyone is praying and thoughts always coming from my camp.

love and miss you both